Chapter 46

Chapter 46 - Company

*beep beep beep*
I hit the off button, annoyed.
*beep beep beep*
Why isn't it stopping!
Them I realized, I didn't set my alarm clock.
I groaned and climbed out of my bed. I opened my door and stood quietly, trying to hear where the beeping was coming from. Niall's room. I stepped closer to the door. I slowly turned the knob and walked inside.

There, in the bed, lay a sleeping Niall. Correction, sleeping, shirtless Niall. He looks so cute asleep! How he was still peacefully asleep with that stupid alarm clock though, I don't know. I stepped over to the alarm clock and practically slammed my hand against the off button. Niall was still sleeping so I decided to wake him up.

"Niall! Niall!" I repeated as I shook him. He groaned. "Niall! Get up!" I said again, still shaking him. "I'm up! I'm up!" He yelled, squirming away from my hands that were now shaking air. I quickly put my hands to my side. "Your stupid alarm clock woke me up!" I said annoyed. "How? It didn't even go off." He said. "Actually, it did. You just didn't hear it." I stated. "Then why isn't it beeping?" Niall tested. "Cause I shut it off!" I yelled. "Ok ok." Niall muttered.

"Shoot." Niall grunted, reading the clock. "What?" I asked. "The guests will be here in an hour." He groaned. "Who are 'the guests'?" I said, making air quotes at 'the guests'. "You'll find out. But they want it to be a special thing so wear something nice." He said getting out of bed. "Fine." I said.

"I have to get dressed." Niall said. "Duh." I said. "You kinda have to leave." He said awkwardly. "Oh yeah.." I responded awkwardly, realizing that I was standing still in the same spot. I quickly ran out the door and straight into my room. As soon as I got into my room I closed the door and locked it.

I stayed like that for a minute, taking a breath. I then slowly walked to my closet and opened it. I still didn't know who was coming over or what we were going to do so I didn't really have much to go by on picking out my outfit. '..something nice.. something nice..' I said to myself as I skimmed through my closet. I stopped at a sundress type thing. It was yellow/orange and had flowers on it. I took it out of my closet and took it off the hanger, tossing the hanger back on my bed. I put on the dress and surveyed it in my mirror.

Good.
But I need some make up and I need to do my hair.
Then I went to sit down at my vanity table.

My hair was surprisingly still blonde. I decided to curl it. I took out the iron and was about to start when I realized I couldn't. I can't apply heat near the wound on my head. Then I also remembered that I had to change the bandage. I sighed and got up.

I went to the bathroom and carefully took off the bandage. My hair around the wound was slightly red from the blood that was there before the stitches. It kind of scared me. I breathed in deeply and slowly breathed out. I slowly composed myself and replaced the bandage with a new one.

I walked back to my vanity table and studied my hair. What can I do with it now? I opened some draws to find some inspiration. I knew I'd found it when my eyes landed on my book of hair styles. I flipped through it and found the perfect one. I took out the styling tool and crimped the bottom of my hair. That way, there was no heat by the wound but my hair still looked good. 3 minutes later I was done.

I let the iron cool down and took out my pink lipstick, orange eye show and black mascara. Once everything was applied, I checked the time. 57 minutes had passed. I walked out of my room to see Niall's door opened and no one in his room. I went down the steps to look for Niall, when I heard a knock on the door. I was obviously closer than Niall since he wasn't in sight so I walked to the door.

"Mom?" I gasped. "Sweetie!" She she grinned hugging me. "Are you alright?" She asked worriedly. "I'm fine, mom. Much better then before." I responded, pulling away. "Good." She smiled. "You came alone?" I asked. "No." She said stepping out of the doorway. As she stepped out, someone stepped in. It was my sister (Madison). "Maddie!" I exclaimed, hugging her tightly. "I missed you!" She said. "I missed you too." I smiled down at her.

I felt a hand on my back and spun around quickly. "Nice to see you, Mrs. Lovato, Madison." Niall said sweetly. I relaxed and turned back to my mom and sister. "Please, call me Dianna." My mom said to Niall. "Alright then, Dianna." He tried again and they both hugged.

Niall led us to the couch and I closed the door. We all sat down. "I didn't know you were coming....?" I said questioningly. "Well, when we heard what happened, we needed to come and make sure you were ok. Even if you weren't hurt, we would have still come." My mom said. "Oh. Well it feels alright. Not too painful." I said reassuringly. "Good." She said again nodding her head.

"Who's thirsty? I'll get drinks." Niall said getting up and walking to the kitchen area.

"Niall set everything up. He's a good guy." My mom said. "Yeah." I smiled, trying not to be obvious. I don't know if I should tell my mom. "He'd be a good catch." She said. I held back my laughter. "Really?" I asked. "Yeah." She replied. "Your drinks." Niall said walking back in and handing each of us a glass of water. I took a sip before talking.

"So Maddie. 7th grade?" I asked. "Yeah." She replied. "Who?" I asked. "Ms. Gibs." She sighed. "Oh she's the worst!" I laughed. "I've heard." She laughed too. It felt good to laugh again with Maddie. I missed her and my mom. "Who's Ms. Gibs?" Niall asked. "You don't wanna know." My mom said. We all laughed. All of us. Me, Maddie, my mom and Niall. That was the best.

When we all stopped laughing we talked about other regular things, like any normal family would.

"When did you eat breakfast?" My mom asked looking at the time. "I didn't." I realized. "So why don't we get lunch?" She asked. "I guess I can go out for a couple of hours.." I shrugged and turned to Niall. "A couple of hours. Then you should rest." He said. "That'll be fine." My mom said.

We all got up and piled into my moms car. My mom drove. I sat in the passenger seat and Maddie sat in the back with Niall. Niall and Maddie talked for most of the car ride. She likes One Direction so I could tell she was excited to see Niall. "We're hear!" My mom said as the car came to a stop.

I opened the door to see a Mexican restaurant. I've passed by it a few times. We went in and sat down. I looked at the menu. "I have no idea what to order. I want everything! You know I love Mexican food." I said eyeing everyone at the table. "You should try the cheese quesadillas." Niall said. "We'll ok then. I guess I do know what I'm ordering." I shrugged putting the menu in the middle of the table. Niall chuckled. Shortly after a waiter came to take our order and 30 minutes later the food came.

It. Was. Delicious.

"Would you like dessert?" The waiter asked when he came to take our empty plates. "Could you ask us again in a minute?" My mom asked, flipping through the dessert menu. "Sure!" The man said, walking into the kitchen. "You know, You guise decide. I have to use the restroom." Niall said. He got up and walked out of sight.

*Nialls Pov*
Once I was out of Demi's sight, I found a waitress to talk to. "Can I help you sir?" She asked. "Yes. It's my g- freinds birthday today." I quickly stopped myself. "I was wondering if you-." I started again but she cut me off. "Could have the waiters sing happy birthday to her and bring out a dessert cake? Yes. We can do that." She responded. "Great." I said. "You're ready now?" She asked. "Yes." I said. "They'll come as soon as the desserts ready. Could you point out your table?" She asked. I pointed to it. She nodded and walked into the kitchen, while I walked back to the table. "So what did you decide?" I asked as I sat down. "I'm getting a slice of the orange pie." Madison said. I nodded. The waiter came to the table and she ordered.

*five minutes later*
After she ordered, we didn't really talk. I just waited and kept glancing at the kitchen door. Finally, it swung open.

"Happy Happy Birthday
May all your dreams come true
Happy Happy Birthday
Well celebrate with you!"

The servers sang as they walked to our table, clapping the whole time. Demi looked confused. Suddenly her eyes widened and she turned over her phone. When she read the screen, her face got all red in realization. "It's my birthday.." She whispered. I nodded. "Happy Birthday!" Me, Maddison, Dianna, and the servers said at the same time. Her face turned more red, if even possible.

I chuckled.

The waiter placed the small cake infront of her, and she blew out the candle. They took the candles out and left, after giving Madison her cake too.

"I can't believe you did that." Demi said to Dianna. "It wasn't me!" She replied. Demi looked confused again. "You're welcome, by the way." I said, smiling mischievously. "I hate you." She growled. "No you don't." I replied, smiling innocently.

"Did you forget it was your birthday?" Maddison asked. "Kind of.." Demi said. "wow.." Madison said. "It's just with the whole hospital thing.. I never really checked the date.. or realized how many days were passing." She explained. We nodded.

*Demis Pov*
I ate half of my cake and offered the rest to Niall. He took it. Maddie looked at us. I hope she doesn't get suspicious.

Maddie finished and soon after, Niall did too. My mom tried paying the bill but Niall wanted to. No matter how much Niall insisted, my mom wouldn't let him pay. It was pretty funny. He finally gave up with a sigh.

We walked to the car and sat in the same places as before. As my mom started to drive, I started to wonder. "Did you come for my birthday? We're you planning to take me out? Is that why you said you would have come anyway?" I asked quickly. "Yes." She said. "Yes to what?" I asked. "To all of them." She answered. I smiled. "I'm really glad you guys came." I said. They all smiled.
Even Niall.
I guess he's a family person.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Schools starting soon, and I won't be able to update as much.
Bummer.
Should I end the story soon?
I feel like it could just keep on going but it can't so I don't know when to stop it.
Thank you for 92.8 k reads and 1.2 votes.
19 more fans will get me to 100!
Please fan, read, vote, and comment!
I love when you comment!
Any tips on making the story better?
Please tell me. xx