Chapter 7 Banquet

Kedou tapped Wei Ying on his shoulder.

"I think he's here for you. It's a messenger from the Crystal City."

Wei Ying kept his arm around Shui and turned to face the newcomer.

This person wore a rainbow uniform, to represent the seven colours of the Sea Dragon Kings. He bowed in greeting.

"My Lord, the First Dragon King of the Sea, Daden De Long, requests your presence at the Crystal Palace."

Wei Ying bowed back out of courtesy. Shui held on to him tightly, desperation in his eyes.

"Don't go." He said, tears gathering in his eyes as they plopped to the floor in fully formed pearls.

"Why don't you come with us?" Wei Ying was hit with a sudden flash of inspiration. "Then we can still be together."

Shui pondered this and reached for his hand.

"Go?"

Wei Ying smiled at him tenderly.

"Yes, we can go."

They swam together to the entrance of the Jiaoren Palace, where Jiang Cheng was already rolling his eyes, while XiChen wore a polite, tight smile, as Shiyong Fei was giving them an indepth talk on how his Palace had been constructed, down to the exact hour and minute.

As soon as Jiang Cheng saw Wei Ying, he began making chopping gestures around his own neck, signalling that he wanted to leave as soon as possible, which Shui caught sight of and began to imitate openly, until both brothers saw him and Wei Ying had to catch hold of his hand and restrain it so nobody would understand.

"Why don't you join us as well?" Wei Ying invited the King, to which Jiang Cheng became even more animated and frantically gestured a clear 'no' and 'I'm going to kill you if he says yes' look, which Wei Ying was able to ignore perfectly, turning his body away. But he felt bad for XiChen, especially when the King turned excitedly to him.

"Oh, what a wonderful idea! Then, I'll be able to fill you in on the historical advances our people made in perfecting coral as a building material, it's so fascinating to outsiders. You know we don't get many visitors here, and I don't get the chance to find such grateful ears as yours." He rubbed his hands gleefully in delight.

XiChen smiled painfully at him.

"That's cos they died of boredom!" Jiang Cheng shoved Wei Ying as hard as he could, when he got the chance. "Not many visitors?? Is he kidding?"

Shui frowned at him and he backed off, scowling.

"This is not finished, Wei WuXian. We are not done!" He swam off to encourage his husband.

The Crystal City of the Seven Dragon Kings rose up out of the water, clear and shining as the sunlight hit its hard surface.

All the buildings were made from crystal, hence its name, but even more resplendent was the Palace itself, looming over the other dwellings. Tall and proud, its turrets shone with a magical glow, almost blinding when the sun hit it just so.

Just past the massive gates, fourteen members of the Royal family stood waiting for them, still in their Dragon forms.

Majestically beautiful, these beasts were gorgeous. Just one had the ability to inspire awe and wonder, but there were no less than fourteen Celestial beings ready to greet them.

They all bowed to each other in greeting, and if any of the dragons were surprised at the extra guests, they didn't say anything.

"I guess relations have really improved." Wei Ying happened to remark.