Chapter 88 Solutions

Wei Ying stepped forward immediately.

"Wait!" He suddenly said.

"Wait for what?" Wu Bizi said, looking irritated.

"Why does your solution require putting an end to them? Can't we think of something else?" Wei Ying was all too aware of the panic on Hongse's face.

She did not want this and if he was honest, neither did he.

"Why do we have to kill them?" He asked.

"Because they're a menace. We cannot let them be, it would be at the risk of more lives. They need blood to survive and it's always my people who suffer." His tone was impatient and annoyed.

Wei Ying squeezed Lan Zhan's hand, feeling his annoyance in the Tribe leader.

"It's alright my love. He doesn't know us, that's why he's being careful." Wei Ying told him.

"No excuse for manners." Lan Zhan retorted. He didn't usually get angry, and was apathetic if anyone chanced to be rude to him, but if anybody was rude to his Wei Ying, that was something he could not tolerate.

"What solution do you have then?" Wu Bizi now sounded patronising. As if, just because he couldn't think of a solution, there wasn't one.

Wei Ying beamed and thought of Hui Gai. The demon King was there immediately, but kept himself invisible. He took one look at the tribe people and laughed out loud.

"I wasn't sure if it was safe, so I left Rumi and Little rabbit playing with Klem." He said.

"I'm glad you came on your own." Wei Ying hugged him.

Hui Gai grinned at Lan Zhan, not wanting to risk a hug, but they shared an easy smile of understanding.

"What's up?" He looked around. Then he looked back at Wei Ying, biting his lip. "No, you know, I can't do it. If you want a serious conversation, I'll have to only look at you." Even then, his eyes were crinkling and he was having a hard time keeping a straight face.

"It's okay." Wei Ying patted his arm. "Actually, I wanted to know what you thought. Apparently, Xiangfa and Raina, it seems were sort of plotting to drink our blood. I'm guessing that the whole stay-here-for-free-and-read-our-books wasn't a genuine offer."

"Well, you know what they say: no such thing as a free dinner." Hui Gai replied, licking his lips. "Want me to destroy them?"

"What?! No! That's why I thought of you, so we don't destroy them!" Wei Ying cried out.

"But they wanted to hurt you." Hui Gai folded his arms across his chest, his tail swishing menacingly. "I can't let that go. By hurting you, they would have hurt little Rabbit and Rumi. That's not cool."

"The fact remains, they didn't actually hurt us. And if they're just trying to survive, then I was just wondering if you might be able to put them up." Wei Ying gave Hui Gai his best innocent smile.

Hui Gai slapped his hand over his face.

"I am not looking. You can't do that!"

"Please! Please, Hui Gai! If you want me to kneel, I will!"

Hui Gai caught him before he could, suffering a glare from Lan Zhan.

"That wasn't my fault!"

"Then Hui Gai should agree." Lan Zhan told him.

"What am I gonna do with them?" He protested.

"What about the bad people? Can't you give them to them?" Wei Ying asked.

"Bad people?" Hui Gai asked in disbelief.

"Yeah, you know, the really bad ones, like ones who harm children or animals or something?" Wei Ying pushed.

Hui Gai scratched his chin, licking his lips.

"Alright...you have a point. I'll do it." He said, finally.

Wei Ying threw himself into his arms.

"And you have some friends that miss you. Both." Hui Gai clicked his fingers and made himself visible, but also teleported Haitch, Yezi, Lor and Porta Daven.

"Oh my gawd! It's the two hottest boys in town!" She exclaimed loudly, in that brash way of hers.

Lan Zhan quickly moved behind Wei Ying, though nothing showed on his face.

"Er, Hui Gai, why is she with you?" Wei Ying asked, also stepping back.

"But they are..." cough, cough, "ugly!" Wu Bizi told her, utterly serious.

"Well, I would say, however you like your bread buttered, Sugar!" She smacked his arm and gaffawed boisterously.

"She comes and goes." Hui Gai replied, rather vaguely.

"Shidi!" Yezi cried out, her genuine happiness glowing on her face.

She and Haitch came forward and would have hugged Wei Ying but for his glaring husband right behind him.

"We thought you might have needed help." Haitch told them, looking around. "But it seems you have everything covered."

"Yes, only one more issue remains but Hui Gai is going to help with that." Wei Ying said, beaming at his friend.

Hui Gai sighed, defeated.

Wu Bizi came forward.

"Since you have agreed to rid us of our problem, we would be honoured if you would spend an evening with us. You can stay at our home and see how we live...it is on the edge of the dessert, the other side, if you will." He bowed, smiling slightly. "And also because we are about to destroy this place and burn it to the ground."

"Everything?" Wei Ying asked, a little upset.

"Hmm. Everything." Wu Bizi agreed.

"But what about the books? There are artifacts and such." Wei Ying said again. He hated knowledge to be destroyed.

"We cannot read so it matter nil to us." Wu Bizi replied.

Wei Ying couldn't believe him.

"Pengyou, we can move the books. I can hang onto them until you're ready." Hui Gai assured him, and when Wei Ying nodded, he motioned for Lor to take the other three to the open library.

"Good. It makes me feel so much better that we can keep the books. XiChen will be so pleased about the new additions to the Gusu library." Wei Ying linked arms with his husband.

"If you're ready, you may follow us." Wu Bizi told them.

They were hardly outside before the entire building blazed into a rip-roaring inferno.