Chapter 150 Home

Wei Ying looked up at his husband, eyes sparkling with a silver glow.

"Who shall we tell first?"

"Xiongzhang."

Lan Zhan said his name without missing a beat, and Wei Ying beamed at him.

"Yes, let's go!"

The snow was already turning hard and crunching under their feet as they walked over familiar paths.

"Isn't it so convenient though? This teleporting thing, just for immortals? Kind of crazy, but I love it. I missed this place so much!" Wei Ying snuggled closer to Lan Zhan. "Let's not leave for a really long time, okay?" He yawned.

"Mn."

Lan Zhan listened to him talking, but he was paying specially close attention to Wei Ying, watching for any signs that he was feeling better or worse than before. And then he decided, Wei Ying was his husband, and if he felt like carrying him, nothing in the world could stop him.

So without warning, he lifted the still chattering man up into his arms as they continued up and down the ancient paths, kissing his forehead warmly.

Wei Ying smiled just as brightly as before as snuggled closer.

The gentle swaying of each footstep lulled him into a sleep, and he closed his eyes, mid sentence.

The Hanshi was not far from where they had arrived, and they could have teleported directly into it, but as Wei Ying had mentioned before, it was wise not to cause unwarranted cardiac arrest.

Besides this way, they could experience the beauty of Gusu as they walked. Well, Lan Zhan could, while Wei Ying slept, his beautiful pink lips puckering in the cold. His small breaths were warming Lan Zhan’s neck and Lan Zhan was hoping that this cool mountain air would induce a cure for Wei Ying’s mysterious condition.

He made a mental note to visit Healer Fei as soon as they got a chance. Perhaps the older man would be able to shed some light on what was going on with Wei Ying’s health. Even as he thought about it, there had to be a reason for this strange lethargy. Wei Ying liked to sleep more than most people, but recently his sleeping had become longer and longer, and he was harder to rouse awake too.

They were at the Hanshi now, and he had to decide whether to wake Wei Ying now, or let him sleep.

The door of the Hanshi was opened then, and Jiang Cheng came out.

Lan Zhan had developed a mild-and-barely-there tolerance for this constantly cranky man, and internally he was terribly disappointed that it wasn’t his brother who had come out of his home. But he tilted his head in greeting.

"YOU'RE BACK!" Jiang Cheng was startled enough to shout.

At the same time as he made too much noise in the still quiet of a Cloud Recesses in meditation, Hui Gai appeared with the chest in his hand and Wei Ying woke up, jolting in his sleep.

Those two words, on the surface quite harmless, had the opposite effect on both Lan Zhan and Hui Gai, who both scowled at the Purple Grape.

But that ten minute power nap seemed to energise Wei Ying and he leapt out of Lan Zhan’s arms, flinging himself at his brother. Jiang Cheng luckily caught him, trying not to cringe in the force of the dirty looks being thrown his way.

Especially the scary Demon, who was definitely thinking about something...

Jiang Cheng turned his body ever so slightly to the side so he wouldn't have to see unspoken threats on cold faces, and hugged his brother instead.