Chapter 39 Comfort

To see the white pillars of Cloud Recesses was a sight for sore eyes. Wei Ying landed with Li XiWang and Lan Zhan followed him down with Rumi and Thing. And because they landed there, just outside the gates, XiChen and Jiang Cheng also joined them.

"Don't we normally just fly inside?" Jiang Cheng was saying, but XiChen understood that Wei Ying wasn't feeling normal just then.

He pushed his husband past the gates with the children, by promising they could all play with little Li Li.

Lan Zhan came and stood by Wei Ying as he reverently touched the white marble of the pillars, feeling their smooth texture under his fingertips.

Lan Zhan moved his hair out of the way, and put his warm hand on the back of Wei Ying's neck, making him shiver.

Wei Ying bent his head, touching his forehead to the cold marble.

"Wei Ying?"

"Just a minute."

Lan Zhan could see him struggling to breathe and he wondered what was wrong, but he waited patiently.

"Sorry." He bit out...shuddering with the weight of his emotions.

"Wei Ying!" Now Lan Zhan was panicking...Wei Ying wasn't saying anything except that word which they had promised never to let come between them.

"I don't even know why I'm like this..." Wei Ying tried to explain. "I know we pass these every day, they've been here forever, but today I realised something when I saw them, and I...I just had to come and say thank you."

"Mn?" Lan Zhan gently drew him away from the pillar and into his arms. Here, Wei Ying was safe. This was the best place for him.

"I know we don't believe in coincidences, and if it's Fate, then I would love to believe that no matter what, we would have met at some point in our lives. But the fact remains, I saw you first here, right here, standing to enter with that poor injured cultivator." Wei Ying wiped his eyes on Lan Zhan's shoulder. "The thing is, my love, you may have fallen in love with me on the rooftop, but I fell in love with you right here."

Lan Zhan tightened his hold on Wei Ying, kissing the top of his head.

"The only difference was, I didn't know it. For a long time."

"Doesn't matter now. We are together." Lan Zhan told him.

"You're right. I love you so much, my Lan Zhan." Wei Ying held his face and kiss him deeply, loving the way their mouths fit together so pleasantly.

The tingles up and down his spine never really went away, they just became stronger every time they kissed. Little pockets of joy opened up in his chest, and he struggled to get even closer to Lan Zhan.

This kiss electrified every nerve ending in Lan Zhan until all he could feel was the taste of his Wei Ying, clean and sweet, a mix of Lotus flowers and wine. A taste he could never get enough of, no matter how many times he enjoyed it. He could hear his heart calling out to Wei Ying, the beats each one a prayer of his name.

WeiYingWeiYingWeiYing

When they broke apart, Wei Ying sniffed, embarrassed.

"No need." Lan Zhan told him, when he hid his face. "Whatever Wei Ying feels, it is important. To me."

Wei Ying laughed awkwardly.

"Come on...let's go see what the kids are up to."

They walked hand in hand slowly, further into Cloud Recesses.