Chapter 102 Discussions

Wei Ying slept through the night.

Lan Zhan lay down next to him, wanting to pull him closer, but not wishing to disturb him. He gave in to the urge a while later when Wei Ying curled into his body, as naturally as breathing.

Hui Gai watched as Rumi fell asleep first and Klem kind of fell on him and stayed there, while Li XiWang was trying valiantly to stay awake but her eyes were closing of their own accord.

"But...Hui Gai...wanna...stay...wake...father..." She mumbled softly.

"He'll be right here when you wake up, Little Rabbit. Go to sleep now." He coaxed.

Oge lay on one side, her arm across two children and Hui Gai reached for her hand, smiling when her fingers intertwined with his. Her bright eyes shone proudly at him.

"You're so good with these kids." She whispered softly.

"Anything I know, I learned from Pengyou. But I guess having no rules up here helps." He pointed to his own head.

"I have something important to tell you." She continued, the light of love shimmering in her eyes.

Hui Gai smiled with all his teeth then...he knew what she was going to say...he had been waiting for Oge to say this something for nearly a week, and when she had not, he wondered if he had been mistaken.

But her scent had changed and she had become softer gradually...and Hui Gai was nothing if not observant; he had noticed many changes. Little ones that by themselves perhaps meant nothing, but together...

"We are going to welcome another member to our family." She continued.

Hui Gai smiled even brighter.

"Then I trust, you will be responsible and tell me when you're feeling tired, or when you need to rest. Mn?"

"You knew?"

He nodded.

"How?" She asked incredulously.

"Little things...but mostly...you smell different." He admitted. He wondered what she would make of that.

"In a nice way?"

"Yes...like more of you. You but concentrated..." His smile became poignant. "Are you happy?"

She nodded shyly.

"More than I ever thought I'd be. I...I guess I want to say thank you...to you."

Hui Gai's smile vanished, a frown appearing instead.

"No need." His tone...

Oge couldn't understand what she had said to have caused such a reaction.

"I have upset you...?"

"Puzzled." He corrected.

"Then say what's on your mind." She urged, squeezing his hand.

Hui Gai thought for a while.

"You say you want to thank me...but in truth, I don't understand why. Klem was the reason why we met, but I truly believe in Pengyou, when he says that the universe has plans...we just don't know what they are. Things will happen if we let them, and by themselves, and there's no point allocating or trying to pinpoint the reason on someone. I think that the Universe really wants us to be happy, and that in itself, is a blessing. We were supposed to meet, Oge. We can be grateful, but there is no need for thanks, at least not to me. As I see you like my own person, we cannot have such politeness between us; it is a barrier." Hui Gai watched as tears gathered in her eyes, and she made no move to wipe them away.

Her eyes drifted closed, and Hui Gai leaned over the other children to place a kiss on her forehead, before giving one to each child.

As they slept, he watched over his family, filled with a deep contentment.

He had never slept in his life and did not need to, so he lay there quietly, listening to their soft breaths easing in and out of their bodies.

When the first rays of daylight seeped through the gaps in the roof, Wei Ying opened his eyes properly.

The softest smile lay upon his lover's face, as Lan Zhan slept. Their hands were automatically linked together, and Wei Ying could do nothing but smile with joy. He felt like this every time his gaze landed on Lan Zhan's sweet face, so handsome, so perfect, so lovely.

There were times when Wei Ying could not believe his luck, that somehow, he had ended up with the most wonderful man in the world, someone who cared for him so wholeheartedly.

He knew if he so much as twitched, Lan Zhan would wake up, and it was so rare for Wei Ying to get chances like this.

Mostly because Lan Zhan almost always woke up before him, since Wei Ying was not a morning person, unless that morning started way after midday. Whenever Wei Ying looked at him, Lan Zhan was always awake and so this rare treat should be cherished, he thought.

So Wei Ying gazed upon the face of his beloved, as daylight made his pale skin glow with a healthy luminosity. The proud arch of his brows providing a canopy for those wonderful golden eyes, his straight nose, and high cheek bones, yet his cheeks were still so squishy. Dark, long lashes curled upon them, so, so beautiful.

Those golden eyes suddenly snapped open, as if they had felt the weight of him looking. For a second, Wei Ying was startled, but his smile only widened. He lifted his hand to hold Lan Zhan's face, marvelling at the softness.

"How does Wei Ying feel?" He whispered, aware of the quietness in the room.

Wei Ying smiled and stood up. As their hands were still joined together, Lan Zhan also stood. They looked over to their children and one red eye opened.

We're just outside, should they wake. Wei Ying told Hui Gai through their mental connection as they left.

The ruins of the temple lay strewn around the what should have been the courtyard of a once great building. Huge stones lay embedded in the ground, covered in moss and lichen, and it was one of these that Lan Zhan chose to sit upon, drawing Wei Ying into his lap.

Wei Ying wrapped his arms around Lan Zhan's waist, his fingers tangling in his Lan headband, snuggling closer. They both sighed, having missed this contact for so long.

Lan Zhan listened to the steady beating of his heart and felt comforted that Wei Ying was feeling much better now. The solid warmth of each other made tangible by their weight as they leaned against one another.

They listened to a robin sing its pretty song, as a lark welcomed in the daybreak. Thrushes and sparrows joined in soon enough, until a melody emerged, light and free.

"You must have been so worried." Wei Ying murmured, his lips resting against warm skin.

"Mn. Better now." Lan Zhan kissed the top of his head.

Relief was a lame word compared to how he actually felt.

"I'm sorry."

The arms that were holding Wei Ying tightened at that, as if refuting him.

"No need. Not Wei Ying's fault." Lan Zhan replied firmly.

"I know...and up till that arrow grazed me, I thought we were lucky...incredibly so." Wei Ying sighed softly. "But I know what it does to you...when I'm out of action....I know...."

He did.

It was the same for Wei Ying too. Though in this case, he was far unluckier when it came to getting injured.

"It is fine. Wei Ying is fine now." He persisted.

Quietly, they watched the sun climb further into the sky, happy to be together once again.