Potions

Autumn tries to not look back and puts her hood up.

"Hey, Atlas," Draco called to Atlas as we walk down to the dungeons, "Atlas!"
She stops and slightly shoves Autumn forward so that she'll keep going, "What do you want, brother?" She snaps at him.
He looked surprised, "I just wanted to know if Autumn is okay. And if you wanted to sit by me in Potions."
"Autumn is fine, no thanks to you, dickwad, and stop acting like you care. And, I've promised Autumn that I'm going to sit by her in potions, not you. Maybe the next class, or maybe tomorrow." Atlas frowns at him.
"What'd I do?" He asked her, confused,
"Everything," Atlas turns and walks away from him and then jogged to catch up with Autumn.

Autumn walks into potions and sits down by Ron.
"Hey Autumn!" Pansy walks over. "Didn't know you cried as much as u talked" She laughs along with a few other Slytherins.
Autumn puts her head down on the table

"Jee Pansy, did you know that they're taking the trash out tomorrow? Better get ready because they're taking you with them." Atlas snaps at Pansy, "Also, I might have Alzheimer's because I don't remember ever asking for your stupid opinion," she glared at her.
The Gryffindors laughed and Atlas could see Draco trying to hide a smirk in the back of the classroom.

Ron and Harry start laughing, and Autumn gives a little chuckle.
"Thanks." Autumn smiles.

"No problem," Atlas sassily sits down and crosses her arms, glaring at Pansy as she does so.
Pansy opens her mouth, outraged, and then quickly closes it again because Professor Snape came bursting into the classroom.

"There will be no foolish wand-waving or silly incantations in this class. As such, I don't expect many of you to appreciate the subtle science and exact art that is potion-making. However, for those select few.." Snape starts. "who possess the predisposition, I can teach you how to bewitch the mind and ensnare the senses. I can tell you how to bottle fame, brew glory and even put a stopper... in death." He looks at Harry. "Then again, maybe some of you have come to Hogwarts in possession of abilities so formidable that you feel confidant enough to not...pay...attention."

Autumn slightly giggles, looking at Harry.

Atlas snorts and taps the top of Harry's head.
He looks up in confusion.

"Mr. Potter. Our...new...celebrity. Tell me, what would I get if I added powdered root of asphodel to an infusion of wormwood?" Snape asks.

Harry Shrugs.

" You don't know? Well, let's try again. Where, Mr. Potter, would you look if I asked you to find me a bezoar?

"I don't know sir," Harry says.
"And what is the difference between monkshood and wolfbane?" Snape asks and Hermione raises her hand again.

"I don't know sir" Harry replies.
"Pity. Clearly, fame isn't everything...is it, Mr. Potter?" Snape asks

"Clearly, Hermione knows. Since it's a pity not to ask her." Harry says.
"Silence." He turns to Harry. Hermione raises her hand again.
"And put her hand down, you silly girl. For your information, Potter... asphodel and wormwood make a sleeping potion so powerful, it is known as the Draught of Living Death. A bezoar is a stone taken from the stomach of a goat and it will save you from most poisons. As for monkshood and wolfsbane, they are the same plant, which also goes by the name of aconite" No one says anything.

"Well? why aren't you all copying this down? And Gryffindors, note that five points will be taken from your house... for your classmate's cheek"

Atlas gives a small snort at Harry's comment. Which then just turns into a frown.
"He could have saved us all the lecture if he had just called on Hermione," She whispers to Autumn.
Atlas reaches over and puts her hand on Harry's shoulder, giving him a small sad smile.
She could hear Pansy and Draco laughing in the back of the room, and she glares imaginary holes into the wood of Snape's desk.

"Sorry." Harry Frowns,
"It's ok! I'm not that smart either." Autumn tries to smile.

The rest of the class went by without much happening. When Snape finally dismissed us we had a 50" scroll on every use and effect of asphodel, wormwood, and bezoars to do for homework.
"Finally, it's lunchtime! I'm starved!" Ron said as we left the classroom, going up the stairs to the Great Hall.
Atlas laughs.

Autumn smiles. As people are leaving the classroom she walks up to Snape.
"Excuse me, Mr. Snape. I have a question." She says weirdly

"Yes, Ms.Black?" Snape's voice drawled, sounding mildly annoyed.

Autumn notices the hint of anger in his voice and backs away.
"You know what... Never mind." She says heading to the door.

Snape just watched through narrowed eyes as Autumn left.