Author's Note

NEW CHARACTER! 

Evelyn Margaret Lestrange

Gender: Female/Non-Binary
Pronouns: She/They
Year: 1st year
Blood Type: Half-Blood
Hair Colour: Ash Blonde Hair, mid-length + wavy
Eye Colour: Green/Hazel Eyes
Height: just above average
House: Slytherin!

Evelyn's mother was a 'bastard'/undocumented child of Lestrange, and even she never really knew the truth - similar to how Rabastan and Rodolpus were 'possible sons' of his. However, just as Evelyn's mother kept the family name, she passed it onto Evelyn too, to continue their legacy despite being outcasts from the main Lestrange family. -It was probably for the best that they were cut off though: Evelyn's mother was a pureblood herself, but eventually married a muggle - giving birth to a half-blood daughter. Evelyn was only 9 when her parents died in a freak accident, and she was taken under the wing of a family friend until receiving her Hogwarts Letter.

As a half-blood, Evelyn is not as 'blood prejudice' as Pureblood Slytherins, and she appreciates the muggle world equally. They are ambitious, smart in the subjects they enjoy, and although she has a dark and sarcastic sense of humour, she is very kind to her close friends. However, she is a bit of a loner and finds it hard to make many friends quickly.
Their favorite subject is Potions, but she's also excited to learn Defense Against The Dark Arts since she's always had an interest in dark magic. She'd read about the Wizarding War, and despite the negative reputation her name might hold, she was excited to meet the Boy Who Lived.