Part(25)

"You have given me hopefor a better tomorrow,like an angel guiding meout of my sorrow"

for a better tomorrow,
like an angel guiding me
out of my sorrow".
~Tasneem Karimjee

"Your uncle is a part of a mafia too and so is your father."

Soft snores were heard from beside him; stirring calmly in the white covers. Wow, he thought, was I  talking to myself this entire time? Chuckling lightly he stood up tucked the blanket over her small body and walked out.

He marched towards his boss's room and triple knocked waiting patiently for a response.

"Come in."

He slid inside furrowing his eyebrows at the blood-covered tissues laying on the desk.

"Kook?"

The young man shuffled in the white covers gripping them over his body.
"What happened?" he questioned glancing at the pile of dried blood.
"Seokjin please just go," he murmured from under the covers.
Heaving a sigh Jin ruffled his hair in frustration, "Jungkook you can't ignore the fact that your illness is back."

Jungkook scoffed in response sitting up on the king-sized bed.
"Jungkook you're harming yourself," the older man advised sitting at the edge of the black bed.

Jungkook rolled his eyes then whined, "Hyung I'm not going to listen to your rant."

Out of all the members, Jungkook favored Jin the most, since he was like a father figure to him. Jin was the one who discovered the little boy that sat in the middle of the dark alley that night. He was Jk's, second-hand man. A person he would look up to when he felt distressed. A person he held onto when he felt the world against him. When Jungkook's father wailed gashes in front of him. The time his father kissed him goodbye. The time his mother disappeared suddenly. The moment he found out who she was.

"I know but you can't just sit around ignoring your illness while our rivals prepare shit, you need to do something," Seokjin added moving closer to the lifeless torso.

Jungkook rubbed his doe eye slightly mumbling bitter words, "Hyung I'm stressed out I just can't do this anymore I'm quitting this shit."

"JUNGKOOK WHAT ARE YOU SAYING?DO YOU HEAR YOURSELF?" Jin couldn't believe what he was hearing, if the boss wanted to quit who would take his place and if they were going to find a replacement how would he live without protection now that his father's killer is after him?

"You've got to be kidding me Jungkook," Jin quietly uttered concealing his need to cry. The idea of breaking apart felt like a nightmare to him. He would do anything to stop that from happening not after promising to stick together not after building their empire from scratch. All the memories flooded his brain, from when they lived in a room to when they rented an apartment until now. The suffering, the pain, the tears, and the blood they shed every night. That wasn't going to waste now that they've discovered their enemy.

"Look I get that you're stressed and all but remember what you wanted from the beginning, what your goal was? Master we can't afford to lose you, now that we have Vincife's daughter in our home it's quite dangerous no-"

Looking alarmed Jungkook leaned closer to his hyung, "Vincife's daughter?"

Heaving one last sigh Jin continued, "Oh I don't tell you."

"While Taehyung was doing the research you told him to do he discovered that Yuna's father is the Vincife from RGS," he proceeded to ruffle his hair gently.

Staring in disbelief Jungkook replied, "You're kidding."
"Do I look like I'm kidding?" The older pointed out.

Jungkook heaved a sigh then mumbled, "great hyung now my headache is back."

Jin chuckled reaching towards the young man's back rubbing it gently.
"Don't worry we're in this together you just need to bring back Jimin and chill out on the girl, "he reassured.

"We kissed hyung," the exhausted man spoke out
"What?!"
"You heard me correct hyung, she even saw my sickness," helplessly looking up the young man wiped a warm tear strolling down his face.

Staring warmly at the young man realizing a sudden change in the atmosphere he reached out and placed a hand on the young one's head, "And what did she say?"

"Well she looked so terrified," he mumbled squeezing his forehead tightly, "She pissed me off."

Jin chuckled standing up effortlessly. He gave Jungkook a pat on his back smiling sheepishly.
"Do you like her?"

Stunned at the sudden statement he hurriedly retorted, "What? No hyung are you stupid?"

Jin smiled seeing that such a statement can get his boss so worked up as if he told him he had grown an extra leg.

"Alright but listen, can you do me a favor and call Jeena so that she can do a checkup on you?" Jin requested gazing at the young man.

Letting out a moan of anxiety the young man responded, "Jin I'm not a child anymore I'm doing fine."

"Istg if you don't call her I will find a doctor and force you to take all the extra meds they will give you, "Jin warned glaring at his best friend aka son aka boss aka master.

Jungkook sighed laying back on his back pulling the comforter over his torso.

"I'm sorry for the bother kook but goodnight tiger."

Jin stood up picking up the blood-covered tissues in the process. He exhaled once more glancing at the covered figure leaving the scene filled with sorrow.

Strolling out the door he spotted a spooked figure pacing back and forth impatiently across the hall. Stopping mid-track the figure hurriedly ran towards him.

"Jin, Jin plz someone is knocking on the gate and no it's not Jimin."

A/n: Thanks for reading and I really can't believe we're 300 away from 1k views thank you for sharing this story 💜