Part(30)

"I Know that I shall meet my fateSomewhere among the clouds above;Those that I fight I do not hateThat I guard I do not love

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

"I Know that I shall meet my fate
Somewhere among the clouds above;
Those that I fight I do not hate
That I guard I do not love."
-W.B. Yeats

Yuna's POV:

Silence erupted as Jungkook drove away from the mansion. The sun was starting to set as I began admiring the shade of the sunset. It was magnificent, light orange with a mixture of yellow, what a scenery. I shifted my gaze towards the other side to appreciate the other view. There he sat one hand clutched on the steering wheel while the other sat rested on the car gear. A warm smile painted my face as I remember his warm voice. A soft feeling crept into my insides. The silence wasn't the awkward type it was rather calming, but then I frowned at the rambling thoughts as I recalled what I technically was.

A hostage.

I averted my gaze and decided to rest until we arrive at the destination because there was no way questions were going to be answered if asked anyway.

•••
Third-person POV:

The car came to halt after two hours on the road and Jungkook thought they needed to stop for a meal or the restroom quickly, but glancing at the sleepy brunette he knew they were going to take much longer.

She slouched on the black seat arms folded and head to the window. He shook her shoulder gently to not startle her. Her long eyelashes fluttered open and started adjusting to the car lights.

He stifled a smile hands back on the car door, "do you want to use the restroom before we continue the drive?"

She nodded face puffed up and hurried to unbuckle her seatbelt while scrambling out of the car. Jungkook grabbed his dark black pistol and his utilizer knife stuffing both on either side of his hip. Hurriedly, he rushed out and followed her inside the convenience store.

There he grabbed cup noodles and quickly checked them out and waited right by the restroom. He shifted his gaze toward the man behind the cashier who was already glimpsing at him. A skeptical feeling crept into his core, he glanced back at the restroom impatiently tapping his foot on the ground.

The man behind the register strolled to the back room of the store and Jungkook snickered at his actions. He knew just by looking at his nervous glances that something was definitely off and just like that he knocked on the restroom door rapidly until he heard her reply.

"I'm coming gosh I was about to finish anyways." She ran out of the restroom and suddenly she was being pulled out of the store hastily.  Scoffing loudly the brunette half yelled, "you're that impatient, can't you walk like a normal human being?" He decided it was best to ignore her remarks and to ride off as soon as possible. Jungkook grabbed the seatbelt and tried buckling her up, ignoring the eye daggers she was throwing at him.

Grumbling loudly Yuna pulled the seatbelt from his hands and locked it in. "I'm not a child Jungkook I could put two pieces together it's not hard." Rolling down the window the young man grabbed his pistol and shot the tires of the two parked cars outside the convenience store. The gunshot sound was later followed by a loud shriek.

"WHAT THE F/CK JUNGKOOK?!"

He reversed the car and quickly grabbed his phone and dialed a number. He placed the phone back on the tunnel console with it on speaker. "Change of plan, route 32 we are being followed." Just like that he hung up and shifted the gear of his car causing the brunette to almost fly out of the car, seatbelt safely pushing her back.

The young girl gulped, face scrunched as she held the seat tightly and held her breath. She opened one eye and glanced at the man beside her who she doesn't seem to recognize at first. Jaw clenched and eyebrows furrowed he shifted the steering wheel with both hands, body tensed.

The sound of her thumping heart was all the girl heard at that moment. There was no more saliva being produced making it difficult for her to breathe. Glancing at the pistol that sat one foot away from her, she held her shaky hands and body that started to tremble. Jungkook looked calm now as if he wasn't being tracked by god knows who.

Dizziness was starting to black out her line of vision as she stared at the mafia leader beside her. She debated whether or not it was okay to ask for a drink in a situation like this, but knowing he would be mad if she clasped suddenly, she spoke up.

"I-s there a dr-ink he-re?"

He glanced at her and nodded pointing backward signaling they were in the backseat. The girl stretched back and began fiddling with the bottle that she suddenly found hard to open.

Knowing herself she prayed that her body would loosen up, so she could properly open the bottle, but it thought otherwise and begin violently shaking. Jungkook threw her a disappointed look and snatched it from her hand, recklessly plopping the bottle open with his thumb.

She seized it from him and gulped it down with shaking hands. Dropping the bottle at the back seat she curled herself closer to the window and hoped darkness would overcome her. There was nothing more beautiful than the dark-pitched nights, where creatures would lurk around their prey fathoming their needs. But what were her needs exactly?

Time lapsed as Jungkook drove in circles clutching the steering wheel aggressively. He glanced at the rear mirror jaw clutched and every now and then he would mumble curse words under his breath. He then suddenly grabbed his phone and placed it on his ear. "NAMJOON PASS THE PHONE TO TAEHYUNG RIGHT NOW!!" Gasping for air he swiveled the car to the right concurrently reaching for the gun in his other hand that occupied the phone. He loaded the gun with just his thumb and extended his hand out the window provoking two cartridges to shoot out.

Yuna clutched her hands on her ears and held her breath simultaneously. She hadn't expected the change of plot, for when she thought back to how all this started it was a harmless mistake that led her to this life-threatening situation. There she sat beside a leader and not any leader but a criminally associated one. She began pondering for the most convenient method to withdraw herself from this situation, but then again would she put her life on the line more than it already is?

Jungkook suddenly halted the car and threw an arm into the backseat. He latches onto the black bag from the convenience store and began pouring all the objects out. Cursing loudly this time he manages to retain a cup noodle with a small chip on it.

"SHIT!"

The air in the car became suffocating as Jungkook steadily peeled the chip away. Right when he peeled it off a small timer began to tick backward. Latching her hand he pulled the girl out of the car and started running up a cliff.

Not being able to catch up the brunette slouched on the ground as her ankle gave out."Jungkook slow down my ankle."

He grasped her hip and managed to carry the brunette bridal style. It felt like those Wattpad stories she used to read, nonetheless, there weren't any butterflies flowing in her stomach. The girl felt rather nausea as the world around her seemed to blur following time. Then there it was the sound of an explosion. Begin pushed by force both fell severely, their bodies flying away. Seconds later the girl blacked out followed by Jungkook who lost consciousness as well.

A/N: Thank you for reading. We are close to 3k reads fam ;( Thank you for taking the time to read this fic, I will try to update more often now, thanks again♥️

Word count:1300