Part(33)

"It's hard to forget Someone who gave you So much to remember

Someone who gave you
So much to remember."
-Anonymous

Third-person POV:

"Jungkook, the symbol, I remember where I saw it, I've seen it tatted on my father's shoulder."

Shaken up Jungkook widened his eyes and quickly pulled himself out of the bed. He positioned himself in front of her and asked her to repeat herself.

"The symbol on the letters, I remember seeing it on my father's shoulder."

Jungkook gulped and shook his head, "Do you know what this means?"

Yuna shrugged and quickly sat up, "Jungkook what does this mean?" She asked that question not wanting an answer. She hoped that whatever the answer was that it contradicted her thoughts. But glancing at his facial expression she knew that whatever he was about to say it wasn't going to be thrilling.

"Yuna, I know this might make you hate us heck maybe even lose trust in us but I swear I tried to notify you, I really did, but we got lost with the current events that I forgot to tell you."

She gazed up at him tears already welling up her hazel eyes and shook her head, "Don't tell me."

Jungkook knew she wasn't going to hold up, so he sighed loudly. Glancing back at the outside window he stood up and opened the tall framed slide door and walked outside the dark balcony.

He gazed at the open sky and inhaled, the sky was pitched black and only the moon was visible. It was hidden in between the white clouds and only peeked through. He shifted his gaze to the buildings in the front and stared. Never in his entire life has he ever felt this lost. He didn't know where to begin and he knew that the ending was near. The young man hoped he would achieve his dreams, he hoped that someday he can live in a peaceful environment. The night was quiet only the sound of the lurking animals and Yuna's sobs were heard. He glanced at the girl behind him who curled up inside the covers face hidden and shoulders shaking from the sudden grief.

He walked back inside and sat beside her contemplating what to say to her as a way to comfort her but he figured she needed space for then.

"I'm sorry," he uttered once and walked out of the room leaving her to breathe but to her that was something she found hard to do. She knew what she started experiencing and due to that she tried controlling her breath but that only made her panic more and suddenly she forgot how to breathe. Tears sprang from her eyes as she felt like she was drowning, she felt suffocated and she was beginning to. The girl wanted to yell for help she wanted to shout, wanted to speak but her eyes were beginning to shut slowly.

Suddenly she felt cold hands grasp her and begin to shake her. "~Yuna breathe......1....2...3....1...2...3...1...2...3," That was all she heard for what sounded like hours, and she followed along. For every number she inhaled and for every other she exhaled. Later she found herself gaining consciousness that she lost hope for and her vision began clearing slightly.

"Can you hear me, you're going to be fine," he uttered and she teared up at that, Yuna can still recall her father saying that to her once. She can recall that one memory of her father, it's the only good memory that she held of him.

Jungkook hugged her tightly like she was going to break any moment then. Yuna didn't pull away she just accepted it, she gave up on her thoughts and just accepted it once, she thought to herself. Just this time.

Flashback:

Her parents sat side by side at the birthday party, Lexy, her friend, invited them too. Yuna ran around the jumpy house as the birthday girl greeted everyone and accepted the sparkly gifts she received from her countless friends and family. She held hands with her mother and skipped to the pink birthday cake on the table. All the kids ran towards the table to wish her a happy birthday and began chattering with each other. Yuna walked behind them and stared at the kids smiling at Lexy blowing the candles and later clapping for her happily. Yuna wasn't rude she clapped and cheered as well but she couldn't help the feeling of jealousy. She envied her and her beautiful life which was filled with caring parents and a bunch of friends.

Yuna glanced back at her parents who sat isolated from everyone and who were smiling at each other. They were speaking to each other not minding the commotion around them with huge smiles splattered on their faces.

It was a hazy memory but she remembered being happy at that moment.

Later on, her parents' relationship went downhill. Yelling and screaming were all she heard as the night came to an end. She remembers walking in on them physically fighting once and decided to walk back outside. At the age of 11, she broke down in front of her father as she exclaimed that she was mentally exhausted and that was the first time she witnessed her father's expression soften. He cleared his throat and opened his arms to offer her a hug which she complied and that was when he uttered those words, "You're going to be fine."

End of flashback.

She looked up at him and blinked back the tears begging to be let out. He was holding her tightly eyes closed with tears of his own on each cheek. She lightly pulled her hand from his hold and wiped the tears that were coming out of his eyes. That was something her father didn't do, she pointed out. Her father never cried for her ever and for that, she knew Jungkook was different. He blinked his eyes open and shifted their weight so that he was leaning onto the headboard and hoisted her on his lap so that she felt comfortable leaning onto him.

Neither of them moved after that except when Yuna pulled the covers over them causing them both to fall into a deep slumber clutching each other for comfort.

A/N: Love you all <3

Word count: 1100