Part(31)

"She had the most beautiful thing that I had even seen

"She had the most beautiful thing that I had even seen. And it took only her laugh to realize that beauty was the least of her."
-Atticus

Third Person POV:

It was days like this where the membered group prayed for an easy outcome. The sun was setting now, and the bird's chirps had vanished as they sat in the twilight counting each breath their leader made. There he laid lifeless with his face stained with barricade fragments scattered across his forehead. Right beside him laid Yuna whose complexion looked darker than it previously was. The young girl's body was fastened to the Holter monitor with tubes connected to each arm.

Namjoon sat there observing the situation before releasing a loud sigh, "I told him to be wise just once and he thought it was a smart idea to stop at a convenience store during a runaway."

Jimin walked towards him and sat down on the black wooden chair. " You need to start acknowledging the fact that he is the leader, Namjoon, and don't we all know him to be the kind that thinks thrice before making a decision."

Jimin raised his arm around Namjoon and gave him a slight nudge, "When he wakes up give him a chance to explain himself."

Seokjin inhaled a deep breath and dismissed the room followed by Hoseok. "I never understood the purpose of trust and family," said Taehyung.

The world is said to be hefty but appears to be small for those in need. Those without their close ones start their journey stranded towards isolation that they strive to gain later on in life. Those exact people are the same ones that endure pain and suffering and tend to have a high tolerance for violence. Yet should they embrace who they became rather than who they existed to be?

Taehyung leveled his hand onto his leader's crown, "Please do wake up, we need you here." He exhaled a tired sigh and stood up to leave.

"Hey Tae," muttered Yoongi, "don't let your thoughts control you...you know who we are and who we stand for, the fight just began it's not done until it's over." Taehyung nodded slightly glancing upwards, hesitatingly controlling his tears from falling. He quietly exited the room followed by Jimin who was reassured that his boss was going to be well.

"So what's the plan?" Yoongi uttered holding a stack of documentation. Namjoon shook his head once more and angrily pulled on his hair, "They know where we resided, it isn't even safe staying in here, so we can't stay here tomorrow."

Angrily grumbling Yoongi slammed his fist on the miniatured desk, "You need to notify Taehyung before it's too late, and what do we do about them?"

Namjoon cleared his throat and stood up, "We will move tomorrow and follow up with the plan, but I need you to look after them two I will go speak with Tae." Yoongi unclutched his fist and grinned his teeth 'If only I meet you San' he grabbed the young girl's cold hand and squeezed it, face displaying pity.

The young man saw himself in her, and once again clutched his fist. His mind wandered back to when he was first adopted when a delightful pair strolled in carrying a bluish stroller and beamed delightfully when they approached the helpless kids his age. That day they called him down claiming his new parents were there and that he was finally going to have the pleasure to go to the parks he read in books and zoos or maybe even attend school.

His dreams were gone right before he knew it. He never got the chance to hold onto them and thank them for their generosity to take him in. It never occurred to him that there were people who enjoyed watching others suffer. He never understood what San felt when the tragedy he planned transpired. But there he was tears streaming down his face gripping his leader's hand, 'I can't do this anymore, not without you by our side.'

•••
Later on, the members reunited to discuss their plans and what they would do after the mess is over. They brought ideas to the table now that they are all back together and began tracking down their opponents as well as their locations. Yoongi hurriedly contacted dealerships that would help him with buying different styles of weapons through the black marker. After contemplating his existence he swore to die fighting for his now-dead parents as a way to thank them for their efforts to acknowledge an ordinary foster kid.

•••
Hoseok set his eyes towards the now foggy window holding a cigar deep in thought. He reflected on the beginning of their journey. He remembered the day he met Namjoon when he sat at the end of a street trembling from the poor weather. He recalled the young boy sitting beside him and questioning his appearance and just about anything he thought of. He thought back to when Namjoon pulled him away from the rain and brought him back to the small place which was made by him. He recollected being surprised by the hasty hospitality he got from a guy his age. Later on, he learned that he wasn't alone and after a while, he began existing with people who shared similar struggles, those same people he now called family. But now that he looks back on he believed it was all fate, they were meant to meet each other and fight against injustice. And surprisingly enough they all shared the same enemy.

•••
Later on that night, the leader began shifting his position gradually grabbing his side in pain. Even after they employed opiates to lessen the severity of his pain, he still felt the throbbing of his head and the aching of his side. He squinted his eyes and roamed them around the room to analyze his surroundings only to spot the lifeless body laying beside him. Her breath was shaky even though she was connected to some sort of inhaler he could tell that a side of her face was scratched up severely and he was sure that it would leave a hideous scar. Jungkook glanced back towards the ceiling lightly shifting his neck collar. He wandered back to their first meeting when he tried so badly to entice her because that was what he thought was the sole solution to set him free. Without even realizing it he ruined her future and brought her into a lifestyle she would never adapt no matter how long she lives with them.

Jungkook subconsciously wiggled his hand toward hers and held her wrapped fingers. He thought back to how his mom used to scowl at him when he raised his voice at a girl because she claimed that it wasn't gentlemanly and made him promise to care for every girl his age. He never understood what she meant by that but now that he stares at the brunette's scarred fingertips he understood one thing.

They are fragile.

A/N: THANK YOU FOR 4K💜

Word Count:1200