Chapter 40

The next day everyone got up earlier and got ready to head to Mahabalipuram. Abhi was so excited as he was thinking of he will find his friend. All others even knew they can't find Karthick there but pretend to hope finding him for Abhi as he can't take a heartbreak.

They got a van and reached the place. A guide came to them and introduced himself and started to show them the places.

First they went to see five Radhas

Guide:The Five Rathas, also known as Panch Rathas, is a exemplary set of rock temples

Guide:The Five Rathas, also known as Panch Rathas, is a exemplary set of rock temples. They are excellent examples of the evolution of Dravidian style architecture.

These temples are built in the same shape as pagodas, and greatly resemble Buddhist shrines and monasteries. The rathas are associated with the great epic Mahabharata. The first ratha that is located right by the entrance gate is Draupadi's Ratha. It is shaped like a hut and is dedicated to the goddess Durga. Next comes Arjuna's Rath. This one has a small portico and carved pillar stones and is dedicated to Lord Shiva. There are no carvings inside this temple, but many are on the outside. Directly in front of Arjuna's Rath is the Nakula Sahadev Rath. This ratha has some huge elephant sculptures included that are a huge draw for the Five Rathas. It is dedicated to the God of Rain, Lord Indra. The Bhima Rath is huge. It measures 42 ft in length, 24ft in width, and 25ft in height. The pillars there do contain lion carvings even though the ratha as a whole is incomplete. The largest of the Five Rathas is the Dharamraja Yudhistar's Rath. 

After that they went to Arjuna's penance

Guide:The Arjuna's Penance is an enormous rock-cut relief, one of the largest in the whole world, situated in Mahabalipuram of Kanchipuram district, Tamil Nadu

Guide:The Arjuna's Penance is an enormous rock-cut relief, one of the largest in the whole world, situated in Mahabalipuram of Kanchipuram district, Tamil Nadu. It is also known by the name 'Descent of the Ganges' because the structure depicts either or both of these two significant and symbolic events of Hindu mythology; thus making this attraction spot a favourite among historians, scholars, academics as well as tourists who are enthusiastic about the cultural past of India.

He explained everything about that. Everyone was looking at the sculptures in a Aww expression. Abhi was so excited and listening to the guide and telling some infos about those sculptures he heard from his friend.

After they went to Tiger caves, crocodile bank , Alamparai fort, shore temple , Indian sea shell museum,  Krishna cave temple, varaha cave temple, and at last they reached Krishna's butter ball.

Abhi was so much excited to see the Krishna's butter ball as his friend has told many things about it. They went saw the rock standing on the slide without any support fit and fine.

Abhi: mumma....see this is butter ball....i am gonna shake this rock and make it roll over....he said and went to the rock and start to push....

he said and went to the rock and start to push

The guide came to them and started to explain

Guide: Krishna's butterball is a gigantic granite Boulder measuring 6 meters high and 5 meters wide and weighs over 250 tons. This strange object in the town of Mahabalipuram is said to be in the same position since over 1200 years. At one point in its history, seven elephants were employed to move it, but to no avail. It is believed that the rock is a piece of stolen butter dropped by God Krishna.

Everyone was listening him carefully but abhi was not interested on it as he knew all that information already. But he was looking at the guide keenly. Suddenly something strikes his mind and he goes to him.

Abhi: are u Krithick....

Gui: yes....u know me sir....

Abhi: no...i know Karthick...ur brother...

Hearing the name Karthick the guides eyes became moist...

Abhi: is he here...can i meet him...

Gui: no we can't meet him...

Abhi: why ..i met him when we were at that rehab centre...one day they took him somewhere but he didn't came again....he said whinning like a child.

Krithick looked at him confused on his behaviour. Vaishu took the situation in hand.

Abhi: abhi...see there is cotton candy shop....take Avu with u and get candy for all...go....

Abhi saw the stall and became happy like a kid and dragged Avu there to buy candy.

Vaishu: i am sorry...he is actually under therapy for his mental sickness...but he knew Karthick....how did he end up in that centre...

Krithick: they kidnapped him...he was my twin brother...we dont have parants and our life revolves here only with these statues and the tourists....but i lost him...i couldn't even complaint on his kidnap as we don't have parents....and after nearly a 8 months after that i got his corpse...the police said his internal organs has been taken off....he broke down after that....

Vaish: i understand....abhi was also saved at the last minute only before they could kill him for his heart....

Krithick: he is lucky....keep him safe...

VM: thank u baccha...( Giving him their card) here keep this...if u need any help come to mumbai...ok...

He said ok taking the card and after sometime they roamed around and did their dinner in a nearby hotel and went to take rest as they were heading towards the hill stations next day....
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
To be continued.

Sorry for late update....

So did u guys liked mahabalipuram....tell me how was the chapter....