Awkward Trips Make For Good Conversations

"Oh for Godric's sake Zoe, stop undoing your tie already" The brunette huffed at her friend Leslie, who was going to re-do her tie for the third time in the past 20 minutes.

"It's not my fault you do it so tight it feels like you want to strangle me" Leslie scoffed, patting down the green and silver fabric.

"You wouldn't complain if it was James doing it" Melody choked on her own saliva at the statement, Zoe's face remained stoic.

"If it was James doing my tie, he'd either have a bruise on his cheek the size of my fist or the world would be ending" Melody finally gave in to her urges and heaved a laugh so hard she had to lean against the carriage that would carry them towards Hogwarts.

"Roll back. You want James to choke you?" Zoe scoffed, yanking the door open next to a nearly dying Melody.

"Get your mind out of the gutter, Les" While Melody tried regaining her breath, Leslie sneaked in the carriage behind Zoe.

The carriages weren't pleasant, as old as Hogwarts itself, only functional thanks to the magic used to keep repairing them. A single candle illuminated it's leather covered insides, which gave it little to no light. Adding the black tinted windows it was virtually impossible not to fear them.

"Oh Zoe, hello!" A girl with bushy reddish hair sat opposite to where the trio had sat, a book shut on her lap.

"Hi Rose, help me out here. These two-" Before Zoe could finish her speech, two other kids crammed themselves into the remaining spaces.

"Oh you've got to be kidding me" Neo Wood huffed at the carriage full of the girls he had been trying to avoid, drama wasn't part of his ideal first day on his fourth year.

A red-head quietly giggled next to him, her green eyes holding a teasing nature behind them.

"I knew you wouldn't be able to avoid them the entire night! You owe me ten sickles" Lily Potter extended her hand towards the Wood boy, an annoyed expression painted on his face during the entirety of their little transaction. Zoe could have not cared less.

"Ignore them. These two have been telling me to snog James for the past three hours as a solution to this 'unresolved sexual tension' we have together" Neo gasped dramatically, the carriage swaying them from side to side as it begun to move towards the castle.

"I'm telling Mum" Zoe glared at her younger brother.

"Mum couldn't care less, she was the one to tell me to go snog whoever I wanted" Neo frowned for a millisecond before returning to his cocky nature.

"Fair point. I'll tell Dad" Zoe frowned in return, jabbing her finger into his chest.

"You tell dad about any conversation of mine you ever happen to hear, and I'll tell him it was you and not a rogue garden gnome who crashed his broom into a tree six years ago" Neo's expression was one of pure terror, as both of Zoe's friends looked at them with an odd look.

"Could your dad even hold remorse for a broken broom from six years ago?" The rest of the carriage stared at them with the most serious expression anyone had ever seen.

"He would" The siblings replied with just as much seriousness.

Neo huffed to break the silence that followed, stretching out his hand towards his older sister.

"You don't tell on me, I won't tell on you. Deal?" Zoe nodded back and shook his hand quickly, immediately going back to stare at Rose Granger-Weasley, who had wanted nothing more but to disappear back into her book.

"So? Can you tell them they've gone mad?" Rose shrugged in reply, giving in to her instincts of reading and opening back up her book.

"They're not wrong, maybe if you do that we'll finally be able to have a normal dinner whenever you're around" Zoe sighed exasperatedly and slumped back into her seat.

"I do not have unresolved tension with James, nor do I have the need to snog the daft boy!" Although Zoe had not grown up in Scotland, she had picked up on pieces of the accent that were especially noticeable when she was angry.

It was so thick the words that had come out of her mouth in the past sentence could barely be understood if you had not heard one of her outbursts before.

"I hate to break it to you Z, but I'm positive you've had a crush on each other since before you even came to Hogwarts. And that's coming from someone who had to sit next to the two of you every single dinner"

"She has a point. Besides you don't call a girl pretty and immediately after tease her on her quidditch skills if you don't like her" Lily decided to butt into the conversation, much to Zoe's dismay.

The castle had finally come into view, the moldy bricks shining against the moonlight above in the sky, although the towers nearly managed to cover the white sphere in the sky.

The carriage fell to a stop right before the grand oak doors.

"Lily?"
"Yes?" Zoe heaved the door open, landing on the middle of a pile of mud.
"Shut up" And so the door was slammed shut.

————————————————————————

a/n: Whoo i forgot to mention I'm updating daily since this first book is technically already done so... Have fun with this one!

Vote and comment it's fun to see all of your reactions to my madness (: