Consequences May Be Dire

Zoe felt like complete and utter shit the second she gained back control of her own body.

Being trapped under amorentia was worse than her father ever had described. It was like watching someone else take control of your body and force you to do things you wouldn't have before.

She was disappointed James had ever stoopped so low as to use amorentia on her to gain her attention.

She was angry at herself, for silently enjoying every single second they shared together.

She felt guilty, an entire day had been wasted and she had ditched plans with both her friends and potential future boyfriend.

But most of all, Zoe was enraged at James Sirius Potter. She wished to strangle the living daylights out of him for what she did to her, what she forced her through.

She wished to burn the jacket she still wore of his into ashes and then burn the ashes again. But she actually liked Ginny, who bought James' clothes. She thought of her as a decent human being, and wouldn't wish to cause her any kind of harm.

Instead she opted for storming into the courtyard where James, Gavin and Ty sat, and flung the jacket straight into the boy's face.

"You prick!" Gavin and Ty didn't even question the situation before running off, leaving James to face the full wrath of Zoe Wood.

"Z, let me explain" Zoe shoved him onto the ground, angry tears threatening to spill from the corners of her eyes.

James didn't bother standing up or defending himself, he deserved every last bit of anger she was going to lash out on him. He caused it after all.

"Don't "Z" me! You poisoned me! And with fucking amorentia out of all things! I knew you had no brain Potter but this is out of your league!" A small crowd had begun to form around them as James slowly rose from the ground.

"I'm sorry okay? I regretted it the second I did it!" Zoe shoved him back once again, although this time he managed to stay upright, even with Zoe's wand poking under his chin.

"LIAR!" James scoffed, as much as he believed he deserved her rage, he was growing tired of how public she was making the entire matter.

"Fine! I didn't regret it that second, Z. But I did regret it, if I could..." The lie he was about to say died down in his throat, one Zoe caught.

"Don't keep it to yourself Potter, say it out loud. If you could go back, would you still do it?" He thought of her smile, her lips, her small giggles after each kiss.

"Yes, I would" That was the last straw for Zoe, she shoved him once again and sent a spell at him.

His reflexes reacted before he did, and he deflected the spell, letting it crash against a pillar which exploded upon contact.

"Z" She was far beyond reason, sending spells left and right as their squabble became a full blown duel, in which neither was winning.

"That is quite ENOUGH" McGonnagall's voice boomed louder than the chants of the students, who immediately stopped at the sound of her voice.

Her expression held pure disappointment as the pair lowered their wands, refusing to look at the other but still ready to accept the consequences.

"Both of you, in my office. Now" They didn't even bother arguing, only followed after McGonnagall with no shame and deaf ears to the whispers around them.

————————————————————————

The clock ticked with each passing second, the only sound that filled Professor McGonnagall's office as she had gone to get both of their parents.

"Z-"
"Don't. Unless you want me to shove you from that window, I suggest you shut up" He sighed deeply.

"I was going to say your shirt is stuck on your belt. But I'll shut up" Zoe grumbled angrily as she unstuck her shirt, muttering a line of curses barely eligible.

What James hated to admit is that he found adorable what she was doing, if she wasn't pissed beyond belief at him, he'd
be teasing her about it.

"Zoe, what did we say about duels in the courtyard?" Zoe shrugged.

"That they're all part of the Hogwarts experience?" Oliver Wood huffed at his daughter, plopping down on the seat next to her, separating her even more from James.

"What was it this time?"
"It was that dickhead's fault"
"Language"
"He deserves it"

"James?" Unlike Zoe, James didn't bother replying to his father. He knew in her rampage of anger, she would reveal it all.

"I would very much like to know the cause for this duel as well"

"That prick poisoned me with amorentia"
"James?" He nodded, his eyes glued onto the carpet below, the criss crossed pattern becoming hypnotizing for the boy.

"I know better than anyone how awful it is to be under the effects of a love potion. But duelling is an extreme measure, Zoe" Zoe huffed, crossing her arms over her chest.

"You didn't lose an entire day of your life"
"No, I lost a month"

McGonnagall cleared her throat before an argument could arise between the two Woods. After all, she knew how stubborn they could both be, and Zoe seemed to inherit the trait both her parents shared.

"Could you two wait outside? I'd like to have a talk with your fathers" The two students left without another word, waiting by the stone gargoyle at the bottom of the stairs.

Until loud sobs pulled them away from their imminent fight.

————————————————————————

a/n: Oliver is back! 🥳  Of course it's actually to scold Zoe but meh we get to see a Harry Potter character again 🤷‍♀️

Of course the first day I go back to school from the holidays, I get a quiz 🥲 The world just hates me that much-

Anyways, who was sobbing when James and Zoe left? New character time?? All shall be revealed after a vote and a comment