Coincidence Or Not?

Dinner went relatively smooth for most students, except for the three Potters who kept glancing up at their father laughing at the professor's table. Acting as he would at any other dinner.

"I really did not expect to see your dad here" Albus shrugged.

"That makes two of us" His eyes were glued onto his father, as if he had grown another head while drinking his juice.

Zoe Wood took Albus' silence as an invite to sit down next to him, waving at Scorpious who had his nose set in a book, his eyes only wavering to search for a certain red head among the crowd of Gryffindors without arising suspicion, or so he believed.

"Did your mum say anything about this?" Zoe shrugged.

"Not at all, the only sign was that she was showing up an hour later than usual, but I thought that was just her getting overly invested in her work. Not her helping Harry quit and become a professor at Hogwarts" Albus sighed loudly, picking at the remaining pieces of pie on his plate.

"Aside from the whole four Potters under one roof thing, how was your summer?" Albus shrugged at Zoe.

"Same as always, Mum went to play quidditch with James and Lily once you left, Dad left for work which now sounds even more suspicious if he was just intending to quit to come here. And I was left all alone at home reading and tinkering" Zoe nodded slowly.

"Fun summer then. What about you Malfoy? Tell me you got a better summer than this depressing bloke" Scorpious sighed, gently closing his book.

"We went to visit grandpa in prison, he yelled at Dad for a good half hour before we left and Dad went back and got burried in his work again.... But my Mum and I made cookies for the first time in a while, so that was fun" Zoe groaned.

"You two are so gloomy and boring, no wonder your sister doesn't pay attention to Scorpion Malfoy here" Scorpious' cheeks flared bright red as Albus' eyes finally left his father.

"What?" Zoe stood up with an accomplished smirk, patting Albus on the back as she stared at Scorpious.

"Ask darling Scorpious here. Toodles!" And so she left the very awkward duo behind to run back to her extroverted friend.

————————————————————————

Once dessert was finished all the students were sent back to their individual halls for bedtime, everyone scrambling to get to their beds before they collapsed out of sheer exhaustion from all of the things they had eaten.

Nevertheless three students hung back, catching the attention of a certain raven haired professor who quickly excused himself to approach the three.

"I know you three must have a lot of questions" The three Potters stood in a line glaring at their father with crossed arms.

"You don't say. How about we start with what are you doing here? You're an auror not a professor" Professor Potter sighed, squinting his nose.

"I thought it would be a nice profession change" Lily scoffed, her eyes rolling dramatically.

"Liar. You scrunched your your nose, you always do that when you lie" He sighed, he had been caught. But for the safety of his children, he could not utter a single word as to the real reason he had decided to go.

"Fine. I did lie. But I can't tell you the truth either. All I can say is: you might want to listen the hat's warning more than ever. Off to bed" Professor Potter began pushing them across the hallways towards their dorms.

"You can't just drop a 'listen to the hat' bomb and then tell us to go to bed!" Albus protested under his father's grasp, but he did not budge.

"I can for two different reasons. I am your father and your teacher. So go to bed, and DO NOT investigate this. Understood?" The three Potters reluctantly nodded, each one with their fingers crossed beneath their robes with the faintest smirk.

"Good. Sweet dreams" And so he left, leaving the second generation of Potters to deal with the newfound information.

"We're not listening to him are we?"

"Nope" Albus and James answered simultaneously.

"I'll ask Scorpious if he's heard anything about some sort of dangerous thing or person"

"I'll ask Neo to keep a tab on Dad, he's sneakier than we'll ever be"

"And I'll go stuff myself with sweets" The younger Potter siblings glared at him.

"James!" James groaned, rolling his eyes at the two.

"Fine, I'll ask Zoe if her mum has said anything and Leslie to get investigating. If we're done here I need my beauty sleep"

"For what? The girl you fancy hates your guts"

"Not for much longer if I get more beauty sleep" The three Potters parted, unaware of how one of their faiths would be harsher than the rest.

————————————————————————

a/n: Currently running on about 5-6 hours of sleep sm fuuuunn. What are the odds I haven't slept because I've been waking up every day at 3:44 am and then can't fall back asleep woooooo.

I'm sad :( My favourite fanfic was deleted and I can't remember the name of the author to see what happened or if they republished it :'(

Anyways drama begins here so get your voting/commenting fingers ready to type ur ideas of what's gonna happen from this point on. I love giving tiny spoilers when replying to comments what can I say >;D