Slytherin VS Ravenclaw

The locker rooms reeked of sweat and teenage hormones, such a small room that locked every smell in it. The screaming crowd outside was so loud it managed to pierce the walls, giving them a sense of just how many people were waiting for their match.

Yet with all the numerous distractions surrounding the team. They only focused on one. Their captain. Zoe Wood.

"Listen. We're against the best of the best, I'd know because I share parents with the captain of the opposing team. And there's no beating me" Her comment earned a couple of snickers from the onlooking crowd of Slytherins.

"But the thing with Ravenclaws is they strategize too much. It's all numbers and plays. What we need is to focus on our strategy which is..." Zoe pointed expectantly at the Slytherin beater, Jeremiah Gold.

"Um... there is no strategy" Zoe patted him on the back happily, running back to her spot on top of the benches situated in the middle of the room.

"Precisely. Stick to the basics but add your own little flare here and there, they won't expect it.

Let's go out there and show those eagles just how dangerous snakes can be!" The team hooted in excitement, slapping each other on the backs and stomping their feet making the entire room tremble.

Suddenly the Slytherin keeper, Taylor Simms, stood up next to Zoe.

"One last thing team! Knock on Wood!" The team proceeded to slap Zoe in the arm as they ran past her to position themselves at the exit of the locker room.

Zoe had her ups and downs when it came to be respected as a captain. After all, she was the first female team member in Slytherin who even went on to become the first female Slytherin quidditch captain.

Yet even after getting her counterparts to respect her as a captain, she never managed to get rid of the 'knock on Wood for good luck' joke that had been implemented by the past captain. Even when they forgot, Taylor was always there to remind them.

"Thanks Taylor, if I don't catch the snitch know it's because I can't feel my arm due to all of their punching" Taylor smirked, lightly tapping Zoe's arm as he walked by.

"Tell you what. If you catch the snitch you go next trip to Hogsmeade with me. If not, I won't ever remind the team of the 'knock on Wood' joke ever again" Zoe didn't even hesitate before shaking his hand, she was always up for a bet, especially if it would most likely land her a date with a cute guy.

"You got yourself a deal Simms, now get in position"

"But you got to try at least!" Zoe smirked back at the boy, taking her position at the head of the line.

"Trust me. I will"

————————————————————————

The cheers grew even louder as they walked onto the pitch, only then did they register how brutally heavy their brooms were in their arms. Adrenaline was both rising and falling with every step and cheer.

"Here comes the Slytherin team! Bad as ever!" Fred had offered himself to commentate alongside Melody every chance he got. The students found him amusing, and he kept good company towards the official commentator.

Melody cleared her throat before snatching the microphone away from Fred.

"At the head, with her second year as the first female captain EVER on the Slytherin quidditch team, and our best seeker yet. We got Zoe freaking Wood everyone! Godric marry me already love" Zoe snickered down below at Melody, while she received a firm scolding from Professor McGonnagall for 'not sticking to quidditch terms'