Call Her Lazy, I Dare You

"And we're off! Tistle catches it first, you go girl! But oh what's that, Chance snatched it away mid air and zooms off!...

It looks as if Slytherin is going for an arrow formation. WHAT? Did Pillsworth and Gold just produce a sneak attack on Ravenclaw chasers gaining control of the field and the quaffle?! Now I'm no expert on quidditch, but that looks like a first to me!....

Tistle approached the goal post, readies for launch and....SIMMS BLOCKS THE THROW! Sorry love but I'm a Slytherin supporter here...

No action yet on the snitch but a lot of action near the Ravenclaw goal post, it seems Wilde will be in a bit of trouble with all three Slytherin chasers going in after her...They throw the quaffle and... SCORE! TEN POINTS TO SLYTHERIN!...

Nice quaffle work by Tistle as she manages her third score of the game on Simms! Step it up keeper!"

The sound of the commentators and the crowd seemed to drown each other out below, leaving Zoe in a quiet state of mind high above the clouds.

Her eyes picked apart every movement, waiting for the right time to strike and dive down to catch the elusive golden snitch.

But until that moment came, she just hovered above everyone else, bathing in the cool breeze that always seemed to calm her down. It was second nature for her to be up in the air.

From the moment she could begin remembering things she had been on a quidditch field, whether it was watching her father train or flying around with both her parents. She was basically born on the field.

Her first present ever was actually a broom that she learnt how to use at the ripe age of one, before she could even walk she could already fly.

Quidditch came to her as a second talent, the talent allowing her to see how close the game actually was. Fuelling her with even more determination to find the snitch and wipe the smirk off of her younger brother's face.

Just a normal day in the life of the Wood siblings.

"If we both keep doing mum's strategy they'll think we're lazy" Zoe shrugged, her eyes barely sparing Neo a glance.

Their mother's strategy was simple yet quite effective. Not do anything until you spot the snitch, you waste less energy in flying around and interfere less with the chasers down below and their never ending battle for the quaffle.

"I'd like to see them call me lazy when I catch the snitch" Neo scoffed, hovering next to Zoe.

"Cocky as ever huh" Zoe looked away to get caught up on the game below once more.

"I don't have a cock but thanks" And so she went silent.

As much as Neo enjoyed silence, with all the emotions cursing through his veins due to the game. He couldn't sit still, much less sit in silence.

"So, you and Simms?" Zoe scoffed, simultaneously rolling her eyes at the stupidity of her brother.

"That was just Fred trying to rile up the crowd. Although we do have a bet running"

"What bet?"
"If I catch the snitch I go with him to Hogsmeade, if I don't he stops reminding the team of the 'knock on Wood' joke" Neo sighed in reply, reminding himself of the joke his team also enjoyed applying.

"Your team does that too?"
"Oh yeah" The siblings laughed, for the first time since the game started, they were completely at ease, they calmed each other.

"Why did you even agree to it? Do you like him? After all we both know you're the one who's going to catch the snitch in the end" Zoe shrugged, not bothering with correcting her brother knowing his statement was true.

"I don't know. But maybe I'll finally be able to be happy with him instead of going around in circles" Neo sighed.

He knew James' feelings for Zoe and vice versa, but he also knew how stubborn they both were, and neither would admit the feelings for the other without a little push that was yet to come.

"You do you, Z"

Suddenly a blur of gold passed between the siblings' faces, the cold metal of the snitch brushing past their noses.

They didn't waste another second before chasing after it, trying to avoid crashing into each other.

"And the Wood siblings are on the move! I believe they have spotted the snitch! Finally! Their chit chat was getting quite boring to watch"

The breeze whizzed past their ears until it was all they could hear, their sole focus on the speedy ball. They didn't care that they nearly crashed into a couple of tall Hufflepuffs, or how they nearly pushed Professor Flitwick over the edge, their whole world revolved around the snitch.

Zoe was in the lead by less than a hair, but that was enough for her to be able to reach the snitch before her brother.

Right before they crashed head first onto the muddy ground of the pitch, her hand circled around the object, securing it inside her palm.

Yet the momentum was too much, and as soon as she had the snitch in her hand, she was lurched forwards, forcing her to roll along the muddy ground until she came to a stop and held the snitch up high for everyone to see.

"ZOE WOOD HAS CAUGHT THE SNITCH! SLYTHERIN WINS!" The crowd roared, the players high in the sky lowering to the ground.

Neo hopped off from his broom, holding out his hand towards a mud drenched Zoe to help her up.

"Good game older sister" Zoe smirked before grabbing tightly onto Neo and pulling herself up, coating the poor boy's hand in mud.

"You'll get me next time little brother"

————————————————————————

a/n: I live for Neo x Zoe interactions. Definitely my favourite siblings (sorry every other sibling in here)

Posting early cause I got a Harry Potter watchaton with my friends. You bet I'll be reciting all the dialogue by heart.

Vote and comment yeah? Okay great!