Planning Is Hard

"Show me again" Zoe extended out her hand for Melody to inspect, her fingers tracing over the scar of the bolt engraved onto her finger.

It had scabbed and no longer entrusted physical pain onto Zoe, but the event was too recent to forget...

The break had ended and all Hogwarts students were back, meaning all of Zoe and James' friends had returned.

She tried hiding it at first, but it was proven to be quite hard to hide something from friends who inspected every inch of you at every chance they got.

Therefore they ended up taking an improvised trip to Hogsmeade, all the gang together. Much to James and Zoe's dismay, in which they were both adamant on pretending the incident didn't happen and the other didn't exist.

"That's-"
"Wicked!"
"Terrifying"
"Weird"

Melody, Theo and Leslie seemed to differ in opinions. But at least they all agreed on one goal, to figure out why they put the lighting bolt on her, and maybe most importantly, who did it?

"Why did the creepy figure only do it to Zoe? Why couldn't you get a cool scar like your dad mate?" Gavin hollered at his own joke, yet James didn't seem amused at all.

"Oh sure Gavin, next time James encounters the creepy figure he'll make sure to ask to get attacked before he's killed" Gavin scoffed, sitting back on his chair while playing with his empty cup previously filled with butterbeer.

"You can't even call that an attack, Ty" Ty in return rolled his eyes, figuring it useless to argue with Gavin.

Zoe, annoyed by Gavin's behaviour smashed her hand onto the table, showcasing the lighting bolt on her ring finger. Her eyes glaring daggers at Gavin.

"Then what would you call it, Gavin? A nicely shaped scar that I asked for?" Gavin shrugged, trying not to cower from Zoe but failing miserably.

Instead he fell back on his chair, attracting attention from all across the establishment. The group glared at him collectively, all except for one who burst out laughing.

Chatter returned to the establishment while Melody quieted herself down, wiping at the tears that threatened to spill from her eyes.

"That was hilarious! He was all like oh yeah that ain't an attack and you were like well what do you call this bitch and then Gavin cowered and" Melody couldn't even finish her sentence before bursting into a fit of giggles.

"As much as I enjoy seeing Gavin squirm" Gavin immediately sat back up.

"Only for you darling" Leslie returned the gesture with a small smirk and an eye roll.

"I think it's key we figure out the who first to then know the why. You said they said something about being left in a fire by people who said they loved them?" Zoe nodded, involuntarily shivering. James wished to reach out and comfort her, but instead gripped his cup.

"Then that's it, we got to search for people who were left behind in fires and supposedly pronounced dead or comatose in the past twenty years" Ty quirked his eyebrow.

"Why the past twenty years?" Leslie pointed at James.

"James said he didn't sound older than twenty" They were grasping at straws in search for the identity of the secret figure, in hopes of figuring out what had truly happened.

Suddenly James remembered what he had carried in his pocket since the incident. The slightly burnt picture.

"There's also this" The group passed around the photograph, each of their eyes widening at the sight of the picture.

"Those are-"
"-your parents" Gavin finished for Leslie.

"Who's the red head?" James shrugged. Carefully plucking the picture away from Gavin's fingers.

"I don't know. And I can't ask my dad, he's made it VERY clear that I shouldn't investigate"

"What about Zoe's or Rose's parents? They know your dad better than anyone" Zoe shook her head at Ty's suggestion, all while picking at the splintering wood of the table.

"That's a bad idea. Rose's parents would immediately tell either Ginny or Harry and then we'd get busted. And my Mum and Dad would cause the third wizards war trying to find whoever did this. We have to ask someone who has attachments but doesn't go for supper every Friday"

They pondered on Zoe's suggestion, weighing the pro's and con's of each person they though of. Suddenly Gavin snapped his fingers, grabbing the attention of the others.

"Professor Longbottom, he's friends with your parents but is nice enough to keep the secret" James nodded, weighing his own pros and cons.

"I can work with that" Leslie nodded, grinning excitedly at the possibility of an adventure.

"It's settled then!"

"We also need to watch Scorpious" All eyes went to Zoe.

"Whoever this person is, it's the same person who sent us the black roses. Meaning whoever they are, they don't only want to harm me, but Scorpious as well"

"But he's always with Albus. He'll be fine" Zoe glared at Gavin, having enough of his carefree attitude.

"I was with James who's a much more experienced wizard and look how I ended up" James spirits were immediately lifted, his iconic smirk grazing his lips once more.

"You think I'm more experienced than my perfect brother?" Zoe scoffed, fighting of the smile that usually came with her retorting too James' taunts.

"Never heard a compliment from a girl before, Potter?" He chuckled, both his and Zoe's hands finally not fiddling with whatever was near.

"Not from you" Theo cleared his throat loudly.

"Too much sexual tension for me to handle right now. Basically, Leslie and Ty go search through the records. James, Gavin and myself go interrogate Professor Longbottom. And Zoe with Melody will keep an eye on Scorpious"

All nodded except for Zoe, who downed her remaining butterbeer in one gulp before placing money to pay for it next to the cup.

"I actually need to go and ready for a quidditch match against Ravenclaw. And knowing Neo, he will not go easy on me. So have fun with your little plan. Goodbye" The group reluctantly waved at a retreating Zoe, James' eyes lingering for a moment longer than the rest.

"She's right. Neo is working our asses off, I have to leave too" Leslie smiled sadly before kissing everyone on the cheek and leaving. Her mark of bright red lipstick shining bright against all of their skins.

"That leaves Ty and me in the library. Gavin and James interrogating Professor Longbottom. Melody watching Scorpious" They nodded before Theo downed his butterbeer as well, coughing as the liquid burnt his throat.

He slammed down the money to pay for his butterbeer and stood up.

"Let's go" His voice was gravely and much deeper from the burning, catching Gavin's attention.

"That was hot. Trying to get into my pants Theo?"

"Shut up Drake" Gavin smirked at James as he wrapped his scarf around his shoulders.

"I think he's been spending too much time around the Slytherin girls. He's losing his Hufflepuff" James rolled his eyes, starting a shoving fight between him and Gavin.

Their plan was mediocre at best. But nothing started without at least a sliver of hope, which they all had.

————————————————————————

a/n: The tension here is just *chef's kiss* there's tension between everyone! Zoe and James, Gavin and Theo, Gavin and Leslie...Yk what it's basically tension between Gavin and everyone plus Zoe and James

I missed my beloved characters :') no more vacations for them <33

Anyways vote and comment or your favourite character gets it <3