Professor Longbottom Is Having A Mood Swing

Their plans proved to be harder to accomplish while balancing their classes along with their homework. Luckily, there was a certain quidditch game that dragged the attention of all quidditch enthusiasts. Allowing for Gavin and James to interrogate Professor Longbottom freely, and if they were lucky even make it to the game.

Neville Longbottom. Otherwise known as Professor Longbottom was both the head of the Gryffindor house and the Herbology teacher. Meaning Gavin and James wouldn't seem suspicious by approaching him that special day at the green house.

"James, I suggest you let me do all the talking. After all, Professor Longbottom and I are old pals" James scoffed, pushing his hands further into his pockets.

"You nearly failed Herbology four times in the past five years" Gavin smirked, leaning against James. The greenhouse towering over them both.

"Key word, nearly" And so they sneaked in.

The greenhouse was only liked by people who actually enjoyed Herbology. With its high humidity, variating temperatures, and carnivorous plants, it was a less than ideal place to be in when it came to pleasant conversations.

"Professor Longbottom! Beautiful plant!" Professor Longbottom stopped stroking the mandrake in his hands to give the boys a quick smile of appreciation.

"Thank you Mister Drake. This is a mandrake otherwise known as-"

"-yes quite interesting Professor. Tell me, have you heard of any new red heads running 'round Hogwarts?" James had to physically fight the urge to face palm.

He had made a mistake by letting Gavin lead the conversation. Even after fully knowing that he was known for being very direct and not a master in the art of subtlety.

"What he means is that we were filing some archives while in detention and came across a picture of a boy we didn't recognize. We thought you might be able to give us more of an insight" James handed a blurred out version of the photograph he had taken from atop the piano.

Ty had actually come up with the idea of showing the picture, but seeing as they didn't want Professor Longbottom to recognize any of the Potters also present, they duplicated the photo and burnt it in a controlled fire until only the red-headed boy remained.

Although the controlled fire nearly burnt James' eyebrows off, and part of the Gryffindor banner in the common room.

Professor Longbottom's face immediately lost all its colour at the sight of the boy, the pot he had been holding shattering as it slipped from his fingers.

"Whe...Where did you find this?" Gavin shrugged.

"I explicitly remember the name 'Geovanna Arkenshaw' quite a beautiful lady. Red hair, grey eyes-" James shut Gavin up by slapping his hand over his mouth before he could muster more of his ridiculous excuse of a cover story.

"It was buried in the files" Professor Longbottom immediately pulled out his wand and set the copy of the picture ablaze.

He let the paper sail towards the ground and stomped on it until the flames were put out and all that was left were ashes.

"Professor-" He lunged at James, gripping his jacket tightly.

"Forget about the boy in the photograph. Never speak of him again" Gavin began to step forward, the crazy glint in Professor Longbottom's eyes not settling well with him.

"Professor-" Suddenly he jerked back, leaning harshly against the table full of plants behind him.

"Leave. I believe you'll both want to go and support your Slytherin fans Ravenclaw friends"

"But Professor-"

"NOW" James and Gavin immediately bolted out from the greenhouse, only stopping once they were quite a distance away from it.

"Well so much for Professor Longbottom's help"

————————————————————————

a/n: Dear ol' Neville has lost a couple of screws... he's also in on whatever Harry also knows hmmm interestiiiiinggg

I love March break <3 March break my beloved <3 sleep 'til noon my beloved <3

You'll hate me FOR SURE in the next chapter but it's fine cause I gave u Neville content <3 Vote and comment yes yes