Wholeseome Moments All Around

Scorpious Malfoy was hardly an expressive person, most of his emotions could only be read carefully through his eyes.

It was a rare sight to see him smile, much less see him crying in the middle of a corridor in a frenzy.

"Scorpious?" The boy immediately stopped, trying to regain his neutral face he wore most of the day. Although the tear stains all along his cheeks were unmistakable.

"What happened?" Zoe was the first to jump to the opportunity and help the poor boy who in return only clutched his hand closer to his chest.

"It...It's fine. Don't worry about it" His voice came out steady, although he couldn't control his sniffles every time his hand twitched.

"What's wrong with your hand?" James was rarely the observant type, but with him being the older brother of Scorpious' best friend, he adopted a sibling-like relationship with the boy.

Scorpious didn't reply with words, instead he released his hand, holding it out for both to see.

His ring finger was bleeding heavily, a sight all to similar to both teens, beneath the heaps of blood there was a lighting bolt carved straight onto his finger.

"I...I was just napping at the library, I must've fallen asleep. My...My body was frozen when it happened, couldn't even scream until it was too late" Zoe patted Scorpious' head affectionately, staring down onto her own carving.

It had surprisingly healed well enough, only a bumpy scar remained from the damaged tissue. One she didn't believe could ever disappear, as she would also forever keep the traumas that came along with that faithful night.

"We need to find that bastard" The trio were suddenly interrupted by loud footsteps coming from behind them, more specifically descending the gargoyle stairs.

First came down Harry Potter in his usual button up shirt and dress pants which he now wore every day to teach.

Behind him descended Oliver Wood, who obviously wasn't expecting a summon to the school as he showed up in a questionable smelling hoodie and washed down jeans.

"Mister Malfoy, what are you doing here?" Scorpious' eyes widened in fear.

That was exactly what he feared when coming to McGonnagall's office. He trusted the woman's discretion and ability to deal with matters efficiently and quietly.

He did not however trust Harry Potter, who not only was sort of good friends with his father, but was a walking talking celebrity.

"I...I just came to find Zoe professor" If he sensed the lie coming out from Scorpious' lips, he did not mention it.

"Have you met Draco's son, Oliver?" Oliver shook his head, a quick glance sent towards his daughter.

She knew all too well what the look meant. It was a way to say they'd have a long and boring chat about morals and right against wrong later on. Even though she had done nothing wrong in the first place.

"Can't say we have. Oliver Wood" Scorpious hesitantly shook his hand, careful to hide the blood coating his other hand.

"Scorpious Malfoy, sir" Yet Oliver wasn't as naive as Harry.

Although in his Hogwarts years, Harry was an infamous seeker, his ability had been hidden beneath layers of bureaucracy, while Oliver's eyes were still fresh in the art of spotting things. Some even say he was able to spot a simple dot a mile away.

So when Scorpious tried hiding the dried up trickle of blood beneath his sleeve, Oliver pulled it up to show the world his secret.

"Say, an old friend taught me some healing spells. She used to be a nurse at St.Mungo's. I might be able to help" Oliver tried reaching out further, but Scorpious pulled back like a hurt puppy.

"Th..Thank you, sir. But I'll be better if with Madam Pomfrey. I was just heading there. Bye, Z" For all of Scorpious Malfoy's talents, lying and social interaction weren't one of them.

"James, my office" Reluctantly James dragged himself behind his father, casting one last look at the brunette pair behind him.

"Dad, I can explain"
"No Zoe, I understand completely" The words that Oliver spoke meant to her more than he could ever imagine.

All she had been hearing everywhere was how in the wrong she was, how she should've solved the situation someway that didn't involve a duel in the middle of a courtyard. But she was overcome by emotions and only wished to rip James' head from his body.

Hearing that her father understood the emotions that she had gone through, made her grin in satisfaction and relief like never before.

"You do?" Oliver nodded, a small smile on his face.

"Although I did tell McGonnagall that I'd give you some sort of punishment at home so you didn't have to suffer detention and skip on your captain duties" Zoe couldn't contain herself and flung directly onto her father, engulfing him in the tightest hug she could muster.

A deep chuckle came from Oliver as he returned the desperate hug of his daughter. All their worries melting away with the heat of the moment.

"As a punishment I did have to cancel your trip with Melody's family" Zoe gulped away a bubbling laugh.

"I never planned going on a trip with Melody's family" Oliver let go of the young girl, placing a finger over his lips with a wink.

"But McGonnagall doesn't know that. Also don't tell your mother" A giggle came from her lips, her hands in her pockets as she walked beside her father along the corridors of Hogwarts.

"Mum wouldn't be mad. She'd praise me for doing what I did"

"Which is precisely why we won't be telling her"

————————————————————————

a/n: Oliver is one of those chill dads and u cannot change my mind 😌

I've been thinking of doing a bunch of reading lists of fanfics I've read that I absolutely love and think deserve more credit. Would y'all like that?? Yk supporting fellow writers and all that 🤷‍♀️

My poor baby Scorpious 🥲 Vote and comment so he doesn't suffer anymore 🥲