What's The Difference Between Jealousy And Stupidity?

"Mate, you should've seen Flitwick's face. He was ready to levitate our asses out through the window" Fred hollered, happily patting Gavin's back with the biggest grin he could display.

"Why didn't I ever think of sticking his hand to his wand and then unleashing a dung bomb? It's such a simple yet beautiful idea, bet my Dad is jealous he didn't come up with that one" Gavin and Fred laughed even louder, the few passerby students giving them the stink eye at their loudness.

"I just wanted to throw dung bombs. It was James here who came up with the sticking charm on his wand, ain't that right Jamesy?" Gavin patted James on the back, the boy only hummed in reply his attention elsewhere.

The grand hall was complete chaos, like every day during lunch. Laughs, screams, gasps, the hall produced more noise than a war. But one laugh rang above the rest for James Potter, Zoe Wood's.

It had been a month since Slytherin won their quidditch match against Ravenclaw. One month since Zoe Wood won the bet that would land her a date with Taylor Simms. One month since the two of them had become inseparable, joined at the hip if you will.

It didn't help that they were in the same house, meaning every free living second of Zoe's life, she spent with Simms.

At first it was only small giggles in the halls, secret smiles across the table. It escalated to walking each other to class and the Slytherin dorm and sitting together at every meal. Then came the worst part for James to witness, the flirting.

He wished to be the one twirling Zoe's hair between his fingers, complimenting her every morning on how truly beautiful she looked.

He wanted to be in Simms' place, complimenting Zoe, kissing her cheek every once in a while, making her smile and laugh like never before.

The brilliant red tint that he had grown fond of, one he believed was reserved for himself only, now appeared with Simms' compliments. Her smile only growing wider until she whispered something in his ear that would make him lean in to kiss her but her to teasingly pull away.

Hell, even Melody, Leslie and Theo seemed to adore the boy. Sharing quidditch tips, past experiences, anything that would make them the new group of best friends, one where he wasn't involved.

He wondered if that's how Zoe felt every time he flirted with some girl. If her stomach churned the way his did whenever Simms would wrap his arms around her like a teddy bear. The way his teeth clenched at every glance she gave him. Was it rage he felt, or jealousy?

"Zoe's been spending a lot of time with that Simms boy, hasn't she?" James didn't dare reply, he was stupid not to act before, and he had now lost her.

"Yeah, she has. Damn if I didn't know her I might as well say she looks in love" Fred immediately shut his mouth once he realized what he had said.

James didn't mind, he believed he deserved the torture that was watching Zoe with another guy. At least for the time being, he would most likely regret the thought later.

"I'm gonna go find Leslie. Good job with the Flitwick prank" Fred waved at the trio before scurrying off, only two replied to the wave.

"James, mate, this is getting depressing to watch. Just go up there and hex the shit out of Simms already" James shook his head, pushing away his untouched plate of food.

"Why should I? She looks happy" Another laugh rang out from her, a grin he'd never seen on her face before on her lips.

"Because that should be you over there" Ty wasn't one to intervene in relationship matters, his advice was mostly taken from books and experiences he hadn't even lived himself.

Because of that he vowed to himself not to interfere in any relationships, much less the mess that was James and Zoe's. But in the moment, he had grown tired of seeing one of his best friend's sulk around for a girl he clearly loved.

"What happened to 'I don't give relationship advice'?" Gavin attempted to replicate Ty's Russian accent, needless to say he failed miserably and only earned an eye roll in return.

"Look, what you need to do is gain her love back. And from what I've seen of Zoe, she's not the kind of girl you give flowers to prove your love to her. She's the girl you kiss until she forgets everyone around her to show your love"

"Who knew you had a whole love speech in you Ty?" Ty pushed Gavin off him, staring directly into James' soulless green eyes.

"Go up there, tell her how you feel, and don't come back until you've asked her out" A spark of courage arose from within James.

His legs began to tense to support his weight when he stood up, he had a purpose to complete, and he would have done it. If Roxanne hadn't slid into the spot next to him and snatched all of their cups away from them.

"Sorry to interrupt boys, but until further notice, none of you are drinking or eating anything unless you know who made it and that no one else touched it" Various noises of protest came from Gavin as he tried to snatch his cup back from Roxanne's grip, but she was at least half a head taller than he was. Therefore had the advantage.

"Why?"

"Did you guys forget it's February already? It's amorentia season, and two of you are some of the most eligible bachelors in the entire school. No offence Ty"

A switch seemed to flick in James' brain. Ty had said he needed to make Zoe love him, to give her reasons to. What better way for her to see the benefits of loving him, if not by crafting love itself and showing her while she loved him back?

"Ty, you're fairly good at potions, and friends with Slughorn" Ty shrugged.

"So?"

"How fast can you brew a batch of amorentia?"

————————————————————————

a/n: aaaahhhh amorentia timeeeee

My crush is the embodiment of the ☺️ emoji, and that's all I'll say.

Also I remembered the button for emojis yay! 😌

Vote and comment I'm too tired to think of a funny remark 🤪