Explain The Loss Of A Child To A Parent

The marble flooring would surely acquire a denture from the constant friction that was being applied by James Potter pacing in the same spot.

Seeing as he was one of the main witnesses in Zoe's disappearance, Professor McGonnagall had decided to interrogate him and all the others in both teams.

But of course she had to go get his father and Zoe's parents as well to explain the entire situation.

Which is how James Potter ended up pacing like a caged animal in the brightly lit office of the current headmaster. Or in their case, headmistress.

"If that boy doesn't stop pacing I'll find a way to make him stop"

"Peace Black, I'm sure young mister Potter is just nervous for the outcome of the situation that there is to come"

"Quit speaking in riddles Dumbledore, no one enjoys them"

"Would you all shut up?!" James finally broke and snapped at the portraits, his breathing ragged from all his walking.

Even though he didn't notice, his hands had begun trembling. He had the strong urge to both burst into tears and cry until he was all but a shell of himself, and also punch a wall until his fist penetrated through and his knuckles were too bloody to function.

Luckily before he could even consider to acknowledge the second option further, the designated adults burst through the door.

McGonnagall was at the head of the pack, looking completely and utterly distraught. Her usual regal walk was rushed, and her once pin perfect hair had small strands falling out from every possible knot.

Behind her were James Potter and Ginevra Weasley-Potter, better known as Ginny. She had her hands tightly wrapped around Harry's bicep, so much force was applied that her knuckles had paled significantly. Almost as much as Harry's face who looked like he had just seen the ghost of someone he had long forgotten about.

And lastly came the people James was least looking forward to seeing in said circumstances. The Wood family.

Although Neo and Zoe seemed like a spitting image of their father, if you looked close enough you could notice small aspects they shared with their mother. Such as their eyes, or even their scowls.

Neo had taken it to himself to become his mother's crutch along with Oliver, who also looked like he was about to pass out. The only one who didn't seem remotely fazed was Neo, but James had known him for long enough to know that when he wasn't lashing out of anger, he was severely terrified.

"Please, take a seat" More seats were conjured for them all to sit in, but James refused to do anything as simple as sitting down for as long as he didn't know of Zoe's whereabouts.

"Why are we sitting down? We should be out there searching for Zoe!" McGonnagall seemed to want to glare at the poor boy, but her eyes were too tired to carry any sign of a threat.

"We first must assess what happened and our best course of action for both ours and Zoe's safety mister Potter. Now, please, sit" Although reluctantly, James did as he was told.

"Let me begin with how sorry I am that you must all be going through this. I as much as anyone who was present know how much both of your families have suffered by losing close relatives"

Ginny's grip tightened even more on Harry's arm, it was a miracle that blood was still circulating along his arm. Zoe's Mum on the other hand only gently gripped her husband's hand, memories flooding them both.

"Trust me when I say, I wished none of us would ever had to have gone through this experience again.

Now, mister Potter. It appears the perpetrator had knowledge of who you were. I must ask, are you aware of his identity as well?" His eyes met his father's.

Although it was barely for more than a couple of seconds, they understood each other and their questions, as to which Harry gave a nod to go ahead and finally unravel the truth. Again.

"Cedric Potter. He's alive, and after me and my siblings" McGonnagall's eyes widened beyond possibility.

"He died in that fire he started. Harry you said-" Zoe's mother's pleas were enough to break anyone. She wasn't crying, but her voice carried more emotion than actions ever could.

"I'm sorry. I truly thought he was dead, and even when I heard rumours I never thought he'd come here" Oliver groaned, his hand tugging his hair as tears were fought back. Neo still did not move from his seat, he didn't even looked shocked.

"And now he has our daughter"

"Very well. Do you have any idea of where he might have taken Zoe?" James shook his head, his fingers now tapping against his knee. He was desperate to leave.

"If I knew, I'd be there right now" McGonnagall nodded, her tired eyes distant as she got lost in her mind palace.

"You may leave Mister Potter, and take Mister Wood with you. I'm sure you're both in dire need of a hot cocoa and Mister Weasley will be more than glad to point you out where you may acquire one"

————————————————————————

a/n: My baby Neo 🥲 He doesn't deserve this 😞 Oh and hey there's Ginny 😃

Less than ten chapters left 😞 Currently sad about that one. And since I got nothing better to do, who's ur favourite character now? I accept multiple answers. 😀

Anyways vote and comment cause yk u want to