Ruining Sports

"Potter catches it! But Potter steals it back with Malfoy! And..OUCH good bludger work there by Weasley. Hope that wasn't the first broken nose of the game

It's Potter, now Weasley, back to Potter and other Potter! Damn there's too many of you! I'm just going to start saying names at this point.

Wood appears to be hiding between the clouds, as I wish I was after watching that brutal score against Simms from miss Lily Potter herself.

No snitch in sight, but it appeared we can officially say Weasley is the first to wear the sign of the broken nose, special gift from opposite beater, Gold. Pomfrey 'bout to be pissed at us.

Weasleys flank Granger as she approaches Simms at the opposing goalposts. Stop glaring at me Rose, there is already more than one Weasley on the pitch, cut me some slack here with your long ass last name! SORRY PROFESSOR!

There goes Drake, fast as lighting and short as a twig. Don't worry he isn't self conscious, and if he is, too bad boohoo, go Slytherin!

Ten points to Slytherin! Damn Malfoy really is a speedy one, I didn't even see him until Granger fell off his broom trying to stop that quaffle.

And that students and teachers of the crowd, is officially the tenth lap Potter has done searching for the snitch, still with no luck of finding it. Hopefully they do soon because this game is becoming a nightmare to narrate with the Potter sibling rivalry"

It had probably been hours since the game begun, and the only entertainment Zoe had, aside from the game below, were the clouds brushing past her in a humid mist. Nearly blocking all of her vision.

When she was younger, her grandmother used to take her out into her backyard and they'd find shapes in the clouds. A balloon with a cowboy hat, a cat with huge shoes, everything and anything you could imagine could be found in those clouds.

Her grandmother used to say clouds tasted like cotton candy. A sweet and sugary delicacy that melted as soon as your tongue touched it, leaving behind the best taste ever.

That was until her dad came up and told them that clouds tasted more like licking dirty frozen water, and of course ruined the illusion for young Zoe.

Her Mum always said he ruined the magical details that came with muggle life and their unrealistic legends, but no one seemed to mind.

Even after all those years, Zoe still stuck her tongue out to try and taste the sweetness of cotton candy in her mouth.

It was mostly a product of her imagination, but she made it count.

"You make yourself awfully easy to find, Zoe" That voice, she had nightmares of the voice.

Cedric Potter was in the air next to her.

She didn't dare look, only tightening her grip ready to dive downwards into the game. At least if the crowd saw her there would be witnesses to her murder.

"Don't move, or I will send a rather nasty spell towards that little boy in Ravenclaw. Neo, wasn't it?" She froze in her spot, her eyes darting towards the Ravenclaw section of the pitch.

Neo was at the front, cheering for the game without suspecting a thing. Such an easy target to hit even from miles away.

She wasn't going to risk the safety of her brother, no matter how many times she planned on murdering him herself.

"What do you want?" Cedric sighed loudly. Although Zoe still refused to look at him she could feel his warm breath being carried by the near summer wind.

"Love. Such an odd feeling. I've been told it's beautiful, alas I've never been able to experience it" Zoe hands began to shake as she tried to swallow her fear to no avail.

"I vowed that I'd show my siblings just how bad it is to feel that way. They called me a monster for not being able to feel their emotion. I'd rip the emotion away from them, maybe they'd finally understand" For some reason Zoe's shivered at all the thoughts passing through her mind.

None of them were good.

"I thought I'd start with James, seeing as he was the second-born and the first cause for all this. But I came to realize, you have to work your way up to your goal" Zoe didn't like the tone he was using, almost taunting her to guess his plans.

"From the youngest upwards. And you know who dear Lily loves? Scorpious" His plan finally seemed to dawn on her.

He hadn't flown up there to confront her, he had done it to get the vantage point on Scorpious.

Or so she thought.

"Stupefy!" The green yet of light shot from next to her, it's course directly towards her.

She hadn't been expecting it, Cedric's entire speech had revolved around the possibility of attacking Scorpious, she never phantomed the idea that she might have been his target all along.

She felt the second her broom was ripped from her grasp, she felt each stray hair that crashed against her face as the air around her struggled to fight against gravity to keep her in the air, luck wasn't on her side for the moment.

In those dreadful seconds in which she had been falling she came to terms with her actions and life.

She saw memories fly by in the wind, her first time flying in a pitch, when she met all of her friends, Neo's pink face as a newborn, her potioned kiss with James...

And although she was ready to lose it all.

Odds were sometimes in her favour.

————————————————————————

a/n: May the odds be ever in ur favour 😈 No I haven't been watching the hunger games what are u talking about-

U may call this chapter the beginning of the end. Because this book is about to end 🥲 and it's gonna be a while before I post the sequel-

Anyways vote and comment while u can 🥲