Love Is Crafted

Valentine's Day. The day couples remind the ones who are single just how single they are.

The castle had been overcome by an explosion of red, pink and white decorations overnight. Making more than one student gag at the sight  of each individual fluffy heart.

Although amorentia or any variation of love potion were banned during the entire school year, students cared little to nothing about the consequences and used it anyways. Making the number of couples double, as well as the amount of patients due to a faulty potion in the hospital wing.

James hadn't been able to sleep more than a couple of hours before sunrise. First it was due to excitement, how would Zoe react? Would she just fling herself at him? It was uncertain territory, each person reacted to amorentia differently.

But soon that excitement slowly began turning to guilt, he had crafted feelings for him. He knew that at some point she had a crush on him, but seeing her with Simms the past month led him to believe those feelings were gone and he was forcing them out of her.

He was a mix of emotions by the time he sat down at breakfast, staring at the spot were Zoe usually sat. Now filled by Leslie due to her being late.

"For the record, at least we didn't poison her" Ty scoffed at Gavin's attempt of lightening the heavy mood that sat upon them.

"I wouldn't have let you poison her, she's technically still my friend"
"Key word: technically" And so the classic Ty-Gavin squabble began.

The day Ty and Gavin didn't argue was truly a day to celebrate, the two of them argued more than an old married couple.

Suddenly someone clearing their throat from behind them, quieted the argument down. Zoe Wood had finally showed up.

"James, can I talk to you outside?" The trio's mouths hung open, they feared the potion hadn't worked and had been caught.

Zoe Wood wasn't someone you wished to enrage.

James cleared his throat, gulping the knot that had been forming itself inside his throat.

"Sure" His voice came out steadier than he expected, after all his nerves had taken a sudden hit and were now way over his head.

Zoe didn't even wait for him to follow after her before disappearing down the halls, passing past couples snogging in every allegedly hidden corner and sobbing students.

She stopped at the entrance of the astronomy tower, rarely anyone came to the area. Some believed it to be clouded by the fumes of death, while others couldn't even phantom the idea of having interest in the constellations above.

"What do you-" And so her lips were on his.

He froze, he could barely process what was happening. All he felt was the slight chill that came as her cool lips crashed against his and the rough edges of the brick wall digging into his spine.

He didn't get a chance to kiss back before her lips dislodged from his, a smirk gracing her features.

"What was that for?" James didn't bother hiding how breathless he was, he didn't dare close his eyes in fear she might've been an illusion or a dream.

But as he felt her breath prickle against his skin when her lips brushed against his ear, he knew the goosebumps that he felt were more than real.

"I felt like it. Are you complaining?" Finally James' brain seemed to catch up on what was happening, and he managed to reply with a similar smirk to that she wore.

"Not at all" He let his fingers graze her cheek before holding onto her face and smashing his lips against hers once more.

She wasn't his first kiss, but it felt like it was.

The thrill that came with each passing second and gasp for air made his heart flutter in ways it never had before.

His thoughts had never before been more focused on one sole thing, it was as if the entire world melted around him. All he could hear was her heart beating, all he could feel was her hands weaving between each strand of his hair. All he could smell was the lingering scent she emanated from sleeping so close to the fireplace in her room.

He had always heard about how kissing a person you truly love felt like a breath of fresh air, he could finally say he had taken it.

James was the first to pull away, his eyes closed to relinquish the taste of her, he didn't want to leave the moment they had created.

His back began to ache from having to bend down to rest his forehead against hers, but he would take that pain many times and twice as hard if it meant to be able to kiss her again.

"What do you have planned for today?" James shrugged, peppering small kisses along Zoe's cheek as she fixed his disheveled hair.

"Hang out with Ty and Gavin, maybe prank a couple or two" Zoe giggled as he kissed the spot he knew made her ticklish.

The sound made his insides churn in happiness, he wanted to repeat the action until the sound was engraved in his brain forever.

"Do you think they'd mind if I steal you for the day?" James couldn't hold temptation any longer and he pressed a sweet kiss against her now warm lips once more.

"Not at all"

————————————————————————

a/n: James you I-D-I-O-T, that chapter called what's the difference between jealousy and stupidity is making A LOT of sense now huh. Because apparently there is no difference 🤷‍♀️

I wish wattpad had a feature that said like "u already read this fanfic and didn't like it. Are you sure u wanna read this again??" Because I keep saving fanfics I've already read but deleted because I didn't like them- and I don't want my library full of stuff I didn't like yk??

Anyways vote and comment that might lower James' stupidity, or it might increase it 🤷‍♀️ at this point the boy needs a decent slap to the face.