Mysterious Voices Are Never A Good Sign

The night was quiet as students slept with their stomachs full after the Christmas feast. Not a single cricket or breeze could be heard passing through the castle. The ambience was still.

Zoe Wood slept peacefully on the foot of her brother's four-post bed in the Ravenclaw dorms. Her light snores barely audible through the sheets covering her face.

Suddenly the window in the room jolted open, smashing against the stone wall and letting a wild howling wind in the room that woke her up.

Quiet as to not wake up her brother as well, Zoe latched the window closed, setting the quiet atmosphere once more.

Yet before she could even have the chance to settle back into her sleeping roll, she heard a noise being carried by the wind.

"Zoe....come....please..." The voice was unrecognizable, yet she hoped it was Neo messing with her. But the boy was still sleeping peacefully.

"Come to the room, Zoe....come to me..." Zoe had grown up hearing the stories of Harry Potter and the whispers he recognized from the Basilisk slithering through the walls to petrify her mother. She knew it would have been a bad idea to follow the voice, after all in every horror movie, the one who follows the creepy voice dies.

But curiosity always managed to kill the cat.

————————————————————————

She ventured into the halls of Hogwarts, a light robe covering her not climate appropriate pijamas underneath. Yet no matter how curious she was, she still carried her wand at the ready to both defend or attack.

"Follow me Zoe....Come find me...." The voice guided Zoe through the hallways as to not get lost, allowing her to reach the fourth floor without any problem. Or so she thought.

Footsteps behind her made her skin crawl and heart pick up in fear. Wether it was the person that called, or Filch, she was equally terrified.

She gripped her wand steadily, ready to counter attack. Yet stopped once she met the familiar green eyes beneath the mop of bed ridden hair.

"What are you doing here?!"
"Are you okay?!" Both teenagers whisper-shouted at each other, equally bewildered by the sight of the other.

One expected a tortured Zoe screaming for him. The other expected some sort of evil calling to her. She wasn't exactly wrong.

"Zoe..."
"James..."

The voice simultaneously called to both teens, making their heads whip around to face a cracked door at the edge of the hallway. A small light shining from within.

James didn't even wait before darting past Zoe, the girl following in his footsteps even though he tried to subtly stop her. She was adamant on finding out what had disturbed her so precious sleep.

James gave up on the idea of leaving Zoe behind and instead opted for him to walk in front of her, in case something happened to attack them. James would get in the way allowing Zoe to flee unharmed.

He pushed the door open and came face to face with an eerie noise coming from a self playing piano. A black rose resting subtly on a cracked vase on top next to what appeared to be an old photograph.

"I recognize that song" James nodded, one hand on Zoe's waist behind him to keep her there, and the other gripping his wand harshly.

"That's my dad's song. He composed it after his owl that died protecting him. Hedwig's Theme" The candle that had been illuminating the room flickered and died down, leaving them in complete darkness. Allowing a shadow to creep in from behind them.

"Lumos" Both wands lit up, with them walking further into the room until they reached the piano.

Zoe inspected the rose on the vase. It was identical to the ones she and Scorpious had received a few months prior. Even the folds seemed to be the same, as if they were copies of each other.

Meanwhile James inspected the photograph. It was faded and the edges had been burnt, but the faces of the people in it could still be recognized.

"Zoe, am I crazy or are these my parents?" Zoe looked over James' shoulder. He hadn't gone crazy, those were his parents in the picture. Granted, much younger, but still them.

There were six people in the photograph. First was Harry Potter crouched next to his wife, Ginevra (Ginny) Weasley.

In Ginny's arm was a small baby, no older than a year old with a light tuft of the beginnings of red hair, a pink knitted headband around the baby's head. Lily Potter.

Crouched in front of them was a boy, who looked to be a toddler, around a two years old. He was holding tightly onto a stuffed lion, his green eyes watery with tears and a small pout that was more prominent than his gelled black hair. No doubt Albus Potter.

Next to Albus was a young boy around three years old with his two front teeth missing as he smiled up to the camera. His eyes were closed from how big his grin was, but James Potter could recognize himself anywhere.

Who they didn't recognize was the boy hugging James who was being hugged by Harry. He looked to be around four when the picture had been taken. He had bright green eyes as did the rest of the siblings, paired with straight red hair similar to Lily's. He bore a grin similar to James', almost as if they knew each other.

"Who's the red-head boy?" James shrugged, a pit forming at the base of his stomach. Something felt completely and utterly wrong.

"I have no idea"

"So they didn't even speak of me"

————————————————————————

a/n: UUUUuuuuUuuuuUUUUU who's the red-head boy huh???? Is this chapter the calm before the storm?? Possibly

Ehm Im going to the movies for the first time since COVID with my crush and our friends... if I die y'all post the next chapters </3

Anyways THEORIES PPL THEORIES I LOVE 'EM...I also love votes just sayin