Gossip My Beloved

The room of Zoe Wood and Melody Simone had been overcome by giggles and the warmth of the fireplace.

The group of girls had decided to have yet another sleepover, only this time Roxanne had rejected the invitation due to some homework she needed to complete, which most likely meant she had ran off with Fred to annoy Filch.

Although her absence didn't dull the mood of the other four as Zoe explained what happened in her latest date with Taylor Simms.

"So, not only did he buy you pasties, take you to look at old boring quidditch equipment and tolerated your quidditch mania, but he also gave you his jacket?! And you haven't even kissed the man?!" Zoe shrugged, a smile making its way onto her lips.

"I never said anything about not kissing him" The group erupted into squeals yet again, Melody going as far as to fling pillows at Zoe's grinning self.

"Hush! Details, Z, details!" Zoe caught one of the pillows Melody had thrown at her and laid back.

She let her eyes trace the patterns on the ceiling as the memory overcame her.

————————————————————————

"Are you sure you don't want me to walk you to your classes to tomorrow? I would really love to skip Herbology first thing in the morning" Zoe chuckled, slipping her hand away from Taylor's grasp as they came to a stop right in front of the entrance to the Slytherin common room.

"I'm good. Can't be the one to break your good habits Simms" He chuckled, the shadows of the torches that surrounded them reflecting against his eyes.

"You never call me by my name, it's always Simms" Zoe smirked, standing her ground even though Taylor seemed to want to desperately close the space between them.

"And what would you rather I call you?" Taylor replicated Zoe's smirk, his warm hand engulfing her cold cheek under the brisk airs of the dungeons.

"Your boyfriend" As he spoke the words, his lips brushed against hers, a delicate touch she could barely register.

Yet he grew desperate and closed the gap seconds later, pulling her by the waist until they crashed together.

His hands were warm against her freezing skin, wherever they grazed each other's skin goosebumps arose.

They broke the kiss a whole minute later in a panting mess, Taylor's hair disheveled from Zoe running her hands through it.

"Don't push your luck Simms, this is as lucky as you'll get"

————————————————————————

"You said NO?!" Zoe shrugged, not daring to look at the pink haired girl who would most likely strangle her to death.

"I didn't deny being his girlfriend, but I also didn't accept" Melody groaned face planting into a pillow.

"I have to ask, does this have anything to do with James?" Zoe didn't hesitate to glare at Rose.

Truly she didn't know, the feelings she had for James had been buried deep within her, and she refused to let them rise. Even if she especially struggled whenever she saw him.

"Z, you've been crazy about my cousin ever since you learnt what a crush was. It's okay to still like him a tiny bit" Zoe scoffed, turning over to face the wall.

"I told him how I felt and he didn't act on it, so that's a no from him and I am moving on with Taylor thank you very much"

"Does that mean you'll accept his proposal?" Zoe shrugged, her familiar smirk coming on her face once more as she faced them.

"Maybe, Valentine's is still young" They giggled again, throwing pillows at each other like innocent school girls until a knock broke them apart.

Melody was the one to stand and open the door, there stood a severely uncomfortable first year, a heart shaped box in their tiny little hands.

"Are you Zoe Wood?" At the mention of her name, Zoe stood up, glancing over Melody's shoulder at the kid at the door.

"That'd be me" The first year gave her the box and began to run away before they could question them further.

"You think it's from Taylor?" Zoe shrugged, turning the box between her hands.

"Only one way to find out" They plopped down onto the cushion covered floor once more and ripped the package open.

Inside was a heart shaped pumpkin pasty, still steaming. The fresh smell obscuring Zoe's senses.

"Oh my Godric" Rose went to grab the pasty but Zoe slapped her hand away, using her body as a shield for the sweet pastry.

"Nuh uh. Get your own. This one is mine" Zoe took a big bite of the pastry. Savouring it as the sweet taste of pumpkin filled her mouth, along with a slight hint of the jello she ate in the hospital wing, and possibly some kind of woodsy flavour.

————————————————————————

"Remind me why we're only making one?"
"It's Zoe, if we only give her one there's a cero percent chance she'll share the pasty"

"Only add three drops, I want her to like me, not be obsessed over me"

"Why couldn't we just buy it at Weasley's?"
"Because we'd be questioned and we're all terrible liars"

"Just so you know if this backfires, I'm putting all the blame on you"

"Let's just hope this works"

————————————————————————

a/n: Uh oh what happened here?? Zoe getting a new boyfriend and possibly ditching James??

It's almost spring and I hate it, allergies are shit and the sun hates me.. I'm like a vampire 🧛‍♀️ no sun and hating leaving my coffin (aka my bed) which is quite ironic for me to say since I recently had a dream with a vampire 🤔 ehm...

Anyways vote and comment cause this is about to get fun 😈