73

Lan Wangji, Wei Wuxian, He Xuan, Xie Lian and Hua Cheng entered the mansion where Shi Wudu and Shi Qingxuan resided. The security waved them in, since they knew who these people were, and Shi Qingxuan already informed them of their arrival.

They entered the manor and were welcomed by Shi Qingxuan who hugged He Xuan and gave him a kiss.

"Hey, what a surprise, you guys want to see my brother? I think he's in his office. He rarely came out these days, and he gave control to Jun Wu." She hooked her arms to He Xuan's and they started to walk to Shi Wudu's office.

The first thing that they noticed was the increasing number of the guards, and judging by their lifeless eyes, they must be Dolls. But Shi Qingxuan did not seem to notice as she walked and chatted cheerily alongside He Xuan.

They arrived in front of Shi Wudu's office, and Wei Wuxian looked at Xie Lian, who nodded as he cast the soundproof spell before they entered the room.

"Xuanxuan," Wei Wuxian spoke to He Xuan without turning her head. "I think you should ask Qingxuan here to take you on a tour around the place. We could be here for a while."

He Xuan nodded as he took Shi Qingxuan's elbow and guided her away from the upcoming confrontation. Then all four of them entered Shi Wudu's office and Xie Lian sealed it behind them. 

Wei Wuxian then walked into the inner part of the office, and he found Shi Wudu at the table. He was mumbling something incoherent, and writing in gibberish. His long hair tangled everywhere and he smelled ripe, like he didn't have a shower in quite some time. And even when Wei Wuxian entered his peripheral sight, he didn't acknowledge them at all, like he was in some kind of a trance.

Wei Wuxian looked at Xie Lian, who nodded, and she took out the gun she got from Feng Xue, and hit Shi Wudu with it. 

Shi Wudu shook hard, and he collapsed on the floor, twitching like he was just tasered. Then Wei Wuxian and Xie Lian approached him.

"He's barely alive." Xie Lian checked his pulse, then he took out a red vial from his pocket. He then uncapped it and poured the liquid into Shi Wudu's throat. 

It didn't take long for Shi Wudu to regain his consciousness as he coughed and coughed and finally he opened his eyes. He winced from the sunlight, and then he looked around. He recognized Wei Wuxian and Xie Lian and he knew of Lan Wangji. The other one he did not know.

"Where am I?" He coughed and tried to sit. "Why are you here? Where's Qingxuan?"

They all looked at each other and finally Wei Wuxian asked him the question.

"Qingxuan is fine. Tell me, what was the last thing you remember?"

"What? Uhm, I remember yesterday's Christmas party…?"

The said Christmas party was almost a year ago, right after Wei Wuxian's first death and before his transmigration to Mo Xuanyu's body. Wei Wuxian looked at Xie Lian, who also attended the party.

"That was actually almost a year ago." Xie Lian told him. "Are you sure you remember that particular party?"

"Yeah, I'm sure, because Jun Wu told me that Qingxuan disappeared and I was very worried for her. Then Jun Wu gave me some kind of medicine and I was out like a candle."

Jun Wu.

Right at that time, the door to the study was broken into and the windows were smashed to smithereens.

Jun Wu was standing behind the shadows near Siren's Song. He observed the crowds, and saw that his daughter was frolicking with someone he had his eyes on for quite some times now. She had a good taste, that Wei Wuxian's daughter. Hw laughed as he remembered how disturbed Wei Wuxian looked when she found out about his experiment. He couldn't read Lan Wangji's face though, although he was pretty sure that man was also enraged. Those videos were really entertaining, and he only let them see what he wanted them to see. If only they could see the rest of the video, imagine how fun it would be. But it was not the time yet, he still had a lot more to do before the final showdown.

Back to Morrigan's husband. He knew that the man was a nephilim ever since he saw him saving Morrigan at the Wendigo's lair. He just wasn't sure why someone sealed him. Oh he knew that Xie Lian was the one strong enough to be able to seal this… beast. And even though he was sealed, his power was still trickling out, looking for a way out, until she gave him her dragon. That was when he knew that this man was from an extraordinary lineage, and he had to have him under his rule. Whatever it took to make him bow down. And he already had the perfect plan in place for that. He just needed to move the pawn to their places and waited for the right time.

He knew exactly the moment that Wei Wuxian and Xie Lian entered Shi Wudu's place, and he hoped they liked his gift–the newest chimera soldiers–better than the ones he let loose on the amusement park. He was not happy with Qi Rong's betrayal though. That man knew too much. Maybe he should just turn his son into a chimera to teach him a lesson. The others were just collateral damage.

He then turned to someone who stood quietly at his side.

"Mittsu, I want you to find out everything about the whereabouts of the two nephilim babies. I have a suspicion that they were somewhere inside their vicinity. If you find an opportunity I want you to take both of them, be careful with the Devourers and that man over there." He pointed at Noah.

"Yes, my liege."

"And get rid of anyone who stands in your way."