2

Tyrion Lannister, my uncle, was speaking to the boy calmly, I couldn't quite hear what they were saying but the brisk cold of the north has easily cleared any cotton from my head and I stood up straight again.

A couple more seconds passed before my uncle departed, re-entering the feast and completely missing my presence in the courtyard. I stumbled out from behind a pillar and saw the young boy collapse onto some hay, I strode over with some confidence that I suddenly mustered.

He was lying on the hay like it was a reclining armchair, his dark curls laid out perfectly and his eyes closed tightly. I approached with a smile and leaned myself against the stable entrance, I didn't think I would fall over but I would hate to risk it.

"And who might you be?" I asked loudly, his eyes snapped open and he stared at the ceiling for a brief moment before sitting up to face me.

"Jon Snow" He replied with a slur, letting his head fall back, his eyes opened again but faster and he jumped to his feet, brushing off the hay and dropping to the floor. "Your grace"

"Do stand up" I instructed, "This conversation will be very uninteresting if you're down there", He stood wobbly and nodded quickly.

"I am sorry, your grace, my name is Jon Snow" He repeated slowly, clasping his hands in front of him awkwardly.

"I know that" I grumbled, "Why are you out here?"

"I could ask the same"

"But I asked first"

"You got me there" He chuckled, "A disagreement with my uncle"

"Oh dear" I confessed, "Sounds unfortunate"

"It wasn't so bad, and you?" He continued, stepping to the side to lean against the wall like me.

"I did not wish to watch Joffrey and Sansa gaze into each other's eyes for a second longer" I scowled, looking at the floor and scraping away some snow with my foot.

"I hear she may become queen" Jon Snow mentioned briefly, I felt my insides run cold for more than one reason. Firstly, for Sansa to become queen she would have to marry Joffrey and my thoughts of the matter are most obvious, he is cruel and she is kind, he would tear her down only to laugh at her and leave her in the dust. Secondly, every firstborn daughter resents the way their brothers inherit before themselves, rightfully I should he queen but I cannot begin to wish for that. If I were to get the throne, then Joffrey and Tommen would have to die and I couldn't live with myself if that happened. I slumped further into the wall, Jon must've noticed my change in emotion and looked terribly confused. "Have I misspoken?"

"No, do not worry" I insisted, "I suppose there is something we have in common"

"Your grace, there is no such dishonour than to level yourself with a bastard such as myself" His eyes widened and he drew his brows together.

"Neither of us are allowed what we deserve" I sighed, gazing over my shoulder at the still in full swing feast.

"I'm a bastard, I don't deserve anything" He scowled.

"You're wrong" I whispered, he looked up at me in surprise, "I may be a spoiled princess who cares about her hair and dresses and spends her free time doing embroidery but I have opinions. As a firstborn daughter I understand"

Jon Snow frowned.

"We both have the blood of our fathers, just the same as our siblings and yet we are cast aside for someone else" I muttered, Joffrey at the forefront of my mind, at the back of my mind I was cursing the wine for allowing me to be so outspoken about my thoughts and feelings.

"Your grace, I cannot-" He began to reply but I knew what he was going to say and cut him off.

"You cannot speak on the matter" I finished for him, "I know but you agree, any ba- illegitimate child would"

"My brothers deserve it more than I do" Jon Snow admitted, slurring ever so slightly.

"And your sisters?"

"Your grace"

"The system is cruel, my friend, don't pretend it isn't" I pushed off the wall and took a wobbly step towards him, "You're not at all what I expected"

"I feel the same way" He smiled, I stuck out my hand but before he could take it I pulled it away and he frowned again so I placed a light kiss on his cheek, he would probably treasure it forever. Illegitimate children need more treasure than the rest of us.

I heard the door open and hundreds of voices again, but one stood out.

"Princess Lya?" Robb Stark called out, he must've returned from scolding Arya. "Your mother is concerned"

"Goodnight" I whispered, "Over here!"

"Ah!" He jogged towards me and I skipped away from the stable and Jon Snow, "I feared you had gone to bed"

"I needed some air, that's all" I admitted, threading my arm through his and smiling, his warmth spreading to me as well.

"I would've come with you" He said sadly, I patted his arm reassuringly.

"You were tied up with your siblings, do not worry" I giggled, "I'm perfectly capable of taking a short walk alone"

"I do not doubt you, your grace" He chuckled as well.

"Call me Lya" I insisted, patting his hand with my free one affectionately. "I'm not going to be a princess forever"

"But you are a princess now" He argued and I shot him a stern glance and he relented, "Your wish is my command, Lya"

I laughed and stumbled again, thankfully Robb held me up but he stopped dead in his tracks.

"Are you?" He started then chuckled, "I believe you're drunk... Lya"

"I believe you are mistaken" I grinned, swaying slightly and wishing we were still walking, at least it made me look less like I was wobbling.

Robb turned quickly, walking straight across to the other side of the courtyard with me in tow. I caught a glimpse of Jon Snow, still sprawled on the hay in the stables, he would probably wake there in the morning with a sore head.

"I believe you should go to bed" Robb instructed, I only realised then that he was holding my hand, not my wrist or my arm but my hand, he didn't hold it like I hold Tommen's when Father loses his temper, he held it like lovers do.

"Hm" I sighed and let him drag me back through the hallways, past the dark haired Stark girl and to my door where he rapped his knuckles on the door.

"Get some rest" He told me and I pouted like a child, all my elegance that my mother had taught me since I could walk had fallen away the minute the wine touched my lips.

The door opened a crack and I saw Marin's little blue eyes, she smiled and opened it completely, ushering me in. As she pushed the door closed, I grabbed it and called out.

"Robb!"

"Yes" He reappeared at the door, his brows drawn together.

"I like it here" I whispered, he smiled and looked down before walking away.

That night, I lay in bed with my head spinning and my heart thumping. I drew the furs closer and smiled to myself right up until I drifted off to sleep.

Looks who's still here!! Thank you!!

Drop your guesses ;)

I wanted to let some more of Lya's true self come out here, especially to the Stark boys as they're key contenders for the future as we all know. Mummy Lannister doesn't have a big role here but she's still causing problems don't you worry.

Have a wonderful day my loves 😘xx