22

I was escorted back to Keep in quite a dramatic procession, no restraints or anything like it but a large ugly man held my elbow tightly despite my clear cooperation.

When we arrived, I was taken straight to the throne room where my mother and Joffrey waited, he hadn't quite plucked up the courage to sit on the throne but he stood close to it.

"Sister" He drawled, sauntering down the stairs and coming closer to the middle of the room where I was held.

"What are you going to do with me now?" I cut to the important part and he chuckled, Mother looked down at her hands and the piece of paper clutched in them.

"Feisty" He spat then reached a hand to touch my cheek but I batted him away and he tutted like I was the child, instead of continuing to taunt me, he returned to our mother's side, "Nothing"

I paused and just watched him beckon someone into the room and so I craned my neck to get a better look.

"In" He demanded and two guards filed in with a girl in their custody, she was frightened and her pale ginger hair was shrouding her face but I recognised her almost immediately.

"Marin!" I called out, trying to pull myself out of their grasp but they held tightly.

"Lady Marin Blount?" Joffrey crooned sadistically and she looked up nervously, her lip was bloody and a bruise was forming around her left eye, she looked awfully pale.

"Yes, your grace" She replied, her breathing quick and heavy.

"You were aware that my sister attempted to escape the city shortly after our fathers death?" He asked, stepping closer to her and she opened her mouth to protest and looked over at me in fear.

"I did not, your grace" She defended, looking between me and my brother uncertainly, I saw on of the Kingsguard shift his weight and I knew it was her father.

"Lies will not be tolerated in my kingdom" Joffrey insisted and glanced over at our mother, "Mother, the letter?"

"You also delivered a treasonous letter written by my daughter and intended for Lady Stark when it should've been delivered directly to myself" Mother talked like a real politician, like her father.

Marin looked at me again but this time she looked bewildered and slightly betrayed, I looked back in what I hoped was an apologetic expression.

"How did you get that?" I strained against my captors but they didn't lessen their grip.

"It doesn't matter" Mother hissed, "This wench has filled your head with treasonous thoughts, she's been in contact with a squire at Winterfell, probably plotting to murder my daughter", she feigned the truth she'd discovered with these true allegations, she would know it was me writing the letters to Robb and not Marin, blaming her would make me a darling in the eyes of the court still.

"That isn't true!" I pushed and Marin began to cry, Joffrey continued the accusations.

"My sister was escaping you" He lied and she sobbed in response.

"No" She cried out, "I have only protected the princess! I'm her friend!"

"Nonsense spouted from the mouth of a whore" Joffrey spat and Ser Boros in the corner tensed, he knew the truth like the rest of the important people in the room. Marin would be ruined, sent home to be hidden away until people stopped talking about her and forgot her very existence.

"Stop this!" I shouted, straining against the guards again, "Joffrey please"

"Ser Boros" Joffrey glanced over and he immediately marched over and bowed in front of him.

"Your grace" He said, his voice actually surprisingly calm.

"Take this" Joffrey handed his guard a dagger and he took it with a steady hand.

"Joffrey" I cried out, Marin was still sobbing, her hanging her head again in defeat, "Please don't do this"

"Cut her throat" He said with a sick grin, Ser Boros looked down at the dagger and then at his daughter, taking a step towards her, his youngest daughter.

"Joffrey" I repeated, wrestling against my guards.

Ser Boros took another step towards his daughter and Ser Meryn grabbed her hair, pulling her head back so her neck was on full display, she wept uncontrollably.

"Joffrey" I shouted a bit louder.

Ser Boros placed the tip to her throat and took a deep breath.

"JOFFREY!" I screamed so loudly and kicked and scratched at the guards.

Ser Boros drew a quick deep cut along his daughters throat and the blood gushed from his and Ser Meryn released her, allowing Marin to collapse onto the ground of the throne room.

"NO" I wailed, screaming louder than I ever had before, even my mother looked away and uncomfortable at the sight of a man killing his daughter, Ser Boros stepped away and dropped the dagger, returning to his post.

My brother grinned but I fell limp in my captors arms, he waved them off and I was on the floor in a heap, screaming.

"You're free, sister" He smirked and I couldn't even look at what I had caused, my closest companions violated body lying only a few steps away from me. I stood and glared at my brother, allowing him to see the fat warm tears roll down my already tear stained face.

I couldn't even say a thing to him, I grabbed my skirts and fled the room in a mess of tears, betrayal and loneliness.

That night I took out a piece of paper and wrote something, a eulogy, a few words to remind me always of her, my guilt was so great that I couldn't even write her name so I left a gap so that maybe one day I would be able to fill it in.

Slipping it under my pillow, I cried myself to sleep.