57

"We can't defend the North from the walkers and the South from the Bolton's" Jon sighed, he was stood over the table with a frustrated look on his face, to his right was Sansa and Brienne, his left was his friend Edd, opposite was the Red Woman, Ser Davos, myself and Tormund. "If we want to survive, we need Winterfell and to take Winterfell, we need more men"

"Aside from the Starks and the Boltons, the most powerful houses in the North are the Umbers, the Karstarks and the Manderlys" Ser Davos brushed off Jon's temper and stood, reaching over to move the labelled stones around the table, "the Umbers and the Karstarks have already declared for the Boltons, so we're not doing so well there"

"The Umbers gave Rickon to our enemies, they can hang" Sansa scowled, at that I looked up from the table and shot a worried glance at both the Starks but Sansa wasn't finished, "But the Karstarks declared for Ramsay without knowing they had another choice"

"Oh I beg your pardon, my lady, but they know a Stark beheaded their father. I don't think we can count on them either" Ser Davos quipped, everyone seemed to hush at the comment, I focused on the large pile of stones that was in Ramsays corner.

"How well do you know the North, Ser Davos?" Sansa wondered out loud, even Jon glanced over at her, curious to see how she would respond.

"Precious little, my lady" Ser Davos reclaimed his seat beside me calmly.

"My father always said Northerners are different, more loyal, more suspicious of outsiders" Sansa continued, remembering Lord Starks teachings from a time that seemed so long ago.

"They may well be loyal, but how many rose up against the Boltons when they betrayed your family?" Ser Davos sighed, he seemed almost disheartened to have to contradict her fathers teaching, "I may not know the North, but I know men, they are more or less the same in any corner of the world and even the bravest of them don't want to see their wives and children skinned for lost cause."

"But Jon's gonna convince them to fight alongside him" I told Ser Davos, glancing up to look at him then Jon who looked more unsure of himself.

"Only if they believe it's a fight they can win" He finished, I nodded along in understanding.

"There are more than three other houses in the North: Glover, Mormont, Cerwyn, Hornwood and two dozen more, together they equal all the other ones, we can start small and build" Jon added, looking tired but there was a flicker of hope behind his eyes.

"The North remember, they remember the Stark name, people will risk everything for it from White Harbour to Ramsays own door" Sansa told us confidently, but we all thought the same.

"I don't doubt it, but Jon doesn't have the Stark name" Ser Davos reminded her, but she was ready.

"No but I do" She retorted. Everyone paused for a moment, looking over at the slight little red headed girl who had begun to raise her voice. "Jon is every bit as much Ned Stark's son as Ramsay is Roose Boltons. Not to mention that we also have the Kings sister"

Again, silence. Everyone stared at me, I blurted out the first words I could, "I'm dead"

More silence.

"Figuratively" I added, "The only people who know I'm alive are... the Boltons" I finished with deflated sigh.

"You have little political and military backing, there are no Baratheons for you to call on and the Lannisters have no reason to help" Ser Davos laid out my lack of familial ties quite openly and I chewed my lip awkwardly, I seemed like a great ally in name but nothing else.

"There is also the Tullys, they're not Northern but they will back us against the Boltons without question" Sansa took the attention from me which I was grateful for.

"I didn't know the Tullys still had an army?" Ser Davos wondered.

"My Uncle, the Blackfish, has reformed it and retaken Riverrun" Sansa claimed proudly, I frowned at the table, she had pulled this knew knowledge out of nowhere, someone had told her.

"How d'you know that?" Jon asked suspiciously.

"Ramsay received a raven before I escaped Winterfell" Sansa replied quickly but Brienne looked uncomfortable, I couldn't believe for a second that Sansa would've either trusted Ramsay's word or been allowed to read the raven herself. She wasn't telling the truth.

"That's good, the Blackfish is a legend, his support would mean a great deal" Ser Davos replied, standing again to rearrange the stones, "Stark, Tully and a few more houses, almost start to look like the winning side"

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
I was stood beside my horse, stroking his dark nose and brushing away the snow, "How do you handle all this cold?" I whispered to him.

My dark hair was braided back and I was wearing the grey of House Stark, showing my clear support may trick someone into believing that we have the Lannisters support. I doubted it but any bit of luck could be useful.

The others had begun to mount their horses, except Jon who was saying his last goodbyes to his friends, I clocked his new fur cloak and smiled to myself.

With a little help, in the form of a small step stool, I mounted the large horse and followed the others, Sansa was by my side on her pale grey horse, we shared a hopeful glance.

I knew the risks we faced, we could potentially return to Castle Black with no allies but we could never return and instead take back Winterfell. But there were other risks that only tormented me, the Boltons know I'm alive but while they don't know where I went, the first Northerner of importance to see my face would spread the word and perhaps someone may come looking, my mother or my brother. I could only hope that the Northerners we visit are out of touch and just see me as one of them, I could only hope.

Wow it's been long, to be truly honest I forgot I had a fanfiction and my app logged me out so please don't hate me. lots of love xoxox