50

I woke up hours later, not even realising I had fallen asleep. Ghost had abandoned me to sit beside his master, not sleeping, just watching and hoping he would wake up. He didn't.

"Are you alright?" Ser Davos sat himself down beside me, I sat up straighter and nodded.

"You're probably wondering how I got here" I sighed, running my hand through my long dark curls, letting it fall to the side.

"The capital told us you died" Ser Davos told me, I didn't even flinch, "That you were dragged from the Keep during the Battle of Blackwater, that your uncles soldiers murdered you"

"You believed it?" I wondered, turning to face him and drawing my brows together.

"I didn't want to believe that our soldiers would do such a thing" He admitted, "But Stannis, he was paranoid and feared anyone that could have a stronger hold on the throne than himself"

"What matters is that I am alive" I finished, leaning back against the wall and staring up at the ceiling.

"How is another question" He responded, "Perhaps you can tell me sometime"

I let my head drop to my shoulder, looking over at him, "Maybe I will"

"How long have you been up here?" Davos asked, gesturing around us, I followed his gesture.

"Couple days, I'd never felt more safe and now..." I trailed off, "I was aiming to head over the wall"

"Running away" He added, I nodded in response, "You can never really run away"

"It was worth a try" I gave him a tight smile, "Jon was kind to me, gave me hope and now", I glanced over at his still figure and blinked back tears.

"I didn't know him long and yet, he made an impression"

"Many years ago, I met him at Winterfell" I reminisced with a slight smile, "Before... before all of this. Before my brother, Lord Stark, my mother and all that followed"

"You've come a long way from then" He responded, trying to smile at me but failing.

"I've been a coward" I grumbled, "Running away isn't the solution, you're right, I've needed someone to knock some sense into me"

"Then stay for a while" He leaned forward, "Lord knows we need all the help we can get"

With that, he let out a short sigh and stood up, tapping my shoulder lightly before moving to watch out one of the windows.

I stood up and stepped over to where Ghost was guarding Jon's body, my hand found his soft white fur and I stroked him gently.

"I'll take it from here, Ghost" I whispered, slipping my warm hand in Jon's cold one.