31

That evening, I went to Lady Sansa's rooms to join her for dinner, many of the servants were talking about a nasty encounter that happened on the journey back to the Keep. Hearing that Joffrey had faeces thrown at him actually made my day but knowing he killed innocent people, that made me angry. Furthermore, Sansa had a harrowing experience which no one would actually expand upon so I took it as bad and brought some lemon cakes that I stole from the kitchen.

When I arrived, she was sat on her balcony with her maid close by, I didn't recognise the woman but she was definitely not from Kings Landing as she spoke with a thick accent.

"Lady Sansa" I approached and she smiled softly at me, I could tell she was feeling blue as her hair was loose where it would usually be tied back and she wore a simple dress that she probably would never have worn out of room.

"Your grace" She stood and curtsied but I brushed it off, sitting opposite her and setting down the cakes and allowing her maid to pour some wine.

"I heard about this afternoon" I sipped my wine calmly but regretted my comment when her face fell and she lost all interest in the conversation.

"It was unfortunate" She responded delicately, wiping her palms on her dress.

"Then it is no matter to discuss over dinner" I returned her soft smile from before and gestured for her maid to serve some of the food to which Sansa picked at but at least ate some.

"Princess Lya" She began and I set my fork down in anticipation.

"Just Lya, please" I reached over to squeeze her hand.

"Are you still intending to marry my brother?" She asked quietly and I felt my eyebrows raise so I high that they almost disappeared into my dark hair.

"Oh!" I chuckled, "I believe the betrothal is still valid at the present moment"

"Take me with you" She murmured and I snapped my head up.

"I would never leave you here" I whispered, unsure who could be listening.

"I should thank you, Pri- Lya" She spoke clearly now and I drew my brows together in confusion, "You are the only person who has been genuinely kind to me since I have arrived"

"Oh Sansa" I smiled, "Surely that is not true"

"But sadly it is" She reassured me and I looked down, suddenly embarrassed at my family's awful hospitality. We brought the girl and her family here in order to welcome her into our family, instead we killed her father and lost her sister.

"I assure you that I will continue to aid you whenever I can" I informed her, watching her eyes light up, "I will get you home, Lady Sansa"

"Then perhaps some day we can truly be family" She giggled, a sort of girly giggle that I hadn't seen on her since before her father died.

"I would really like that" I returned the smile.

We spent the rest of the evening amiably chatting, sharing stories and getting to know one another and she seemed to soften, let down the wall she has begun to build up so strongly.

I even told her some silly tales about Joffrey when he was a boy, how I stole his toys when I was taller than him and I would hold them over his head and watch him jump to try and grab them. She laughed hysterically at that one and I couldn't blame her.

We said our goodbyes when the hour grew late and I trailed back to my room, it almost felt like I had my sister again. No one could replace Myrcella but at least with Sansa, I had a sisterly figure to turn to and she had the same in me.

Shockingly, I fell asleep with a little smile on my face.