58

We spoke to the Wildlings first, or at least Jon and Tormund did and succeeded while the rest of us maintained a respectable distance. I was lucky enough that the Wildlings couldn't care less about who I was, something I found quite comforting. 

However, when we arrived at Bear Island, it was a different story. 

"Wait" Jon sent off the man who was going to help me off my horse, instead he reached up and pulled my hood up and over my head, covering my face, before proceeding to gently help me off my horse. I'd been riding for longer than I'd ever ridden before and my legs wobbled when they hit the ground, "Are you alright?"

"I'm fine" I replied quietly, looking up, only for Jon to take the edges of the hood and pull them down further, covering any recognisable features. I felt like a secret.

"Sansa, Ser Davos, with me." He declared, one hand still clasping mine until we reached the door and he let go, "Perhaps you shouldn't come in"

I pushed the hood down, "You've said it yourself, I'm a representative of two houses and the crown! I can help!" I argued, but no one looked convinced.

"Lya" Jon murmured, coming closer and taking my face in his hands, I could've sworn I felt the his warmth through the cold leather. "House Mormont is proud to be Northern, House Lannister and Baratheon, as respected as they are, are not Northern"

I sighed audibly, pulling my hood up myself this time and stepping out of his grasp.

"Princess" Ser Davos approached, "I think you should stand by, to voice your support"

"Where else could I go?" I replied grumpily, following the others inside and watching as they entered into the main council room. 

The walls were too thick to actually hear any of the negotiations, just faint murmurs, but I tried to listen nonetheless. Unfortunately, I had to avoid eye contact with a guard to my left who seemed adamant to watch me the entire time I was in the hallway. I doubted he knew anything about me but any thought of my mother showing up at my doorstep was enough to keep my hood permanently over my head.

A few more minutes passed before Ser Davos appeared at the doors and beckoned me inside, I raised my eyebrows in confusion.

"Why?" I whispered.

"Support" He answered quickly.

"That is no help"

He ignored my tone and held out an arm to me and I sighed, joining him in the doorway and entering the council room.

"You see, my lady, Jon Snow may not be a legitimate Stark and Lady Sansa may not be a Stark anymore in your eyes. But fighting the dead is a responsibility for all the seven kingdoms." He explained, I glanced sideways at him and then back at the young girl before me, Lady Lyanna Mormont, also named after Lyanna Stark, a strange similarity between us. She seemed far more fierce than myself.

"Who are you?" She asked curiously, standing up slightly in her seat, as did her maester. 

"I'm Princess Lya of House Baratheon" I told her confidently, Ser Davos gently pulled down my hood which I had forgotten in the moment. 

"She is going to stand alongside the Starks" Ser Davos continued, watching the young girls face closely.

"As my wife" Jon added awkwardly, I wasn't sure if I should smile or bow or leave so I also just stood awkwardly.

"Lovely" Lady Lyanna responded, "But the Princess is dead"

"I left King's Landing a long time ago but I am very much alive, my lady" I told her walking slowly towards her. "And I intend to fight for the North, for my betrothed, and I hope you will too"

She simply smiled, I firmly believed her support had already been bought and I was dragged in to try and coax some more men out of the girl but I don't think it worked.

No one said a word as we left the castle, everyone was somewhat pleased with the outcome, one house was better than none and the men of Bear Island were strong, there weren't many but they could fight. 

I mounted my horse without any help, and rode alongside Sansa in silence, she seemed more relaxed recently, as if she was beginning to let go of some of what happened, even just a little bit.

"Sansa" I began quietly, so no one else would overhear.

"Yes" She responded in kind.

"I wanted to apologise again" I told her, hearing what Ser Davos said about Lady Lyanna not seeing Sansa as a true Stark brought me back to the day I left her at Winterfell, I abandoned her there as Lady Bolton and all things considered she was still Lady Bolton.

"You couldn't have saved me, no one could've" She answered bluntly, "You were just lucky enough to get away, fortunately someone else wanted you more than the Boltons"

"I should never have left you in King's Landing in the first place" I sighed, "You were a child,"

"And you weren't?" Sansa prodded and I chewed my lip.

"I suppose I was, but I promised your fa-" I paused, "I promised to protect you and your sister but she's gone and I abandoned you"

"Lya, you were a child and you did all you could, I don't blame you for what happened, you have been one of the few people that tried to protect me and I actually thank you for that" She smiled softly at me, "Maybe things would've been different, but they weren't and I found you again"

"I am never leaving your side" I chuckled lightly, "We're in this together now" I reached over and squeezed her hand.

"Well, you're going to be my sister" She smiled wider and I pursed my lips in embarrassment.

"That was a rather blunt announcement" I sighed, looking up ahead at Jon, who was discussing something with Ser Davos.

"I'm happy for you" Sansa admitted, "If its what you want"

"It is"

"Good" She finished and we fell into a comfortable silence for the rest of the journey to Deepwood Motte.

 Again, I apologise for my little hiatus, I started my dissertation and its kind of crazy but its almost summer so that probably means (hopefully means) I can finish this story by the end of the summer.

Also, if anyone has any other fanfiction ideas or stories or even other books or tv shows they might like to see a story about, let me know because I have no idea where to go after this!