60

"This arrived this morning" Ser Davos handed a message to Jon, it had the seal of House Bolton. Jon looked over at me, I was sat beside him nervously jiggling my leg.

"He responded to our raven" Jon murmured, breaking the seal and unrolling the answer.

Sansa stood beside Ser Davos, looking oddly calm at the response from her estranged psychotic husband.

"Ramsay agreed to meet" Jon added, letting his hand  drop to his knee, "Tomorrow"

"You cannot trust anything he says" Sansa began, wringing her cold hands in front of her.

"I won't" Jon reminded her, "Get some sleep," He told everyone else, Davos departed silently but Sansa remained.

"I want to go with you, to meet with him" Sansa announced in a soft tone, she didn't wait for a response but instead she left the tent abruptly.

"Sansa" I jumped up from my seat and called after her but she was gone, swallowed up by the darkness.

"She won't listen" Jon sighed, tossing the scroll across the floor and dropping his head in his hands, "If he gets her again, I don't know what I'll do"

"He won't" I whispered, stepping over the scroll to kneel down before him, placing my cold hands lightly on his own, which were surprisingly warm.

"Do you promise me to stay here" He didn't look up but wrapped my hands within his, "Where its safe"

"No where is safe" I reminded him, "But yes, I will keep my distance"

"Lady Mormont agreed to allow you protection on Bear Island" Jon sighed, he still couldn't look at me, he knew I wouldn't leave.

"And how do you propose to get me there?" I forced a smile, then I felt the lightest of chuckles radiate through him.

"I don't think I can" He finally raised his head, pressing his forehead to mine, "But you cannot be near him, or his army"

"I won't be" I told him, "I will stay where they cannot see me, I promise"

"You should go find Sansa, get some rest before tomorrow" He took a long deep breath before tipping forward slightly to press a fleeting kiss to my lips.

I stood and made for the door, turning at the last second, "I'll see you in the morning"

"Stay" He murmured so quietly I almost couldn't hear him.

"Jon" I started but he had jumped up and come over to the door, his hands on my arms, my shoulders, my face.

"Stay here, with me" He said louder, running his hands over my hair.

"I can't" I forced out, wishing I could stay.

"Its cold" He reminded me,

"I know" I giggled, "But we agreed"

"I don't mean to break that, I just need you here with me" He breathed, I doubted myself for less than a second before I threw my arms around him in the tightest hug I could manage.

"I'll stay for as long as you need me"

As agreed, we spent the night wrapped in blankets and in each others arms. We didn't have a bed or even a chair, so we just sat on the floor. It was the first night in months I wasn't plagued by nightmares.