62

The men began to march down towards the battlefield, I stood to the side and waited calmly, pushing my nerves and fear away. 

"Your horses" A young boy appeared with my own horse Trovion and the grey horse Sansa rode.

"Thank you" I forced a smile but the boy looked unhappy and I couldn't blame him, I just hoped he wasn't expected to fight.

I took the reins and he walked away solemnly. It was then that Sansa emerged from the tent, her hair braided away from her face like my own, she sported a single braid while I had made mine into two. 

"Are you ready?" I asked, handing her the reins and she took a deep breath and nodded before swinging herself up onto the horses back. 

"Let's go" She moved away but I waited for a moment, "Lya?"

"I'll be right back" I tied Trovion to the tent and ran over to Jon's tent, I didn't even call his name or knock, I just charged inside.

He was alone, fiddling with the ties on his tunic but he looked up when I entered.

"Lya-" He began, I knew he would tell me I had to go but I didn't let him.

I walked straight towards him and took his face in my hands and kissed him, for a moment he was still but quickly returned the kiss and drew me closer. When I pulled away, we were both flushed despite the cold, I gently ran my fingers over his cheek, memorising him.

"Come back to me" I whispered before hugging him close to me.

Several more moments passed before I stepped away, I headed for the exit, back to Sansa and the horses. As I pulled aside the entrance, he stopped me.

"Lya" His voice cracked ever so slightly.

"Yes" I replied as calmly as I could.

"I love you" He admitted confidently. 

It was like a hand was squeezing my heart, but I smiled as convincingly as I could, "You know I love you too"

"I do" He nodded, I turned and left the tent, returning to where Sansa waited.

I mounted Trovion and together we rode to the far side of what was soon to become to battlefield. 

***********************************************************************************************

We sat in silence, watching the two armies line up, I was scratching the leather of Trovion's reins, my nerves getting the better of me.

Sansa was oddly calm, like she was thinking, I left her to it for the most part and she didn't say a word to me.

However, we both tensed when Ramsay rode out with Rickon tethered to him. I sucked in a breath and glanced over at her, she looked worried as she nibbled her lip.

"I don't like this" I whispered, even more so when Rickon began to run and Jon rode towards him.

Then the arrows started flying.

"No" I murmured under my breath, Sansa was breathing heavily beside me and we both jumped as each arrow was loosed.

Until finally one struck him.

I couldn't help but let out a scream, quickly covering my mouth as a tear dropped. Sansa was emotionless, probably in shock but I could feel her pain from where I was stood.

"I can't watch this" She exclaimed and took off.

"Sansa!" I called out, again covering my mouth, no one was to know we were here and I was frequently giving away our position. She couldn't hear me anyway, she was gone. I turned my head slowly back to the battlefield where the archers were readying their arrows. Jon was still in the centre, he was going to charge them, alone.