30

I stormed through the Keep on my way to see Uncle Tyrion when I passed my sisters room and could see the commotion inside.

"I don't want to!" Myrcella was sobbing on the bed while maids flitted about, packing her things away.

"What is happening?" I rushed to her side, brushing her hair back and wiping her tears.

"Myrcella is going to Dorne" My mother waltzed in from the balcony, her head held high but I could see she was in pain.

"She can't!" I cried out, "She's eleven years old!"

"I am aware, it is by the order of the-" She paused and grimaced, "the acting Hand of the King"

I bit my lip nervously, why would he do such a thing as send away my little sister?

"Why not send me?" I blurted out, pulling my sister into a tight hug.

"You're betrothed already" She snapped back, "If Robb Stark was in open rebellion then yes, you would be send to the North."

"Can't she wait for a few years, like you did for me?" I insisted but she waved a hand in front of as if to brush off the notion.

"That was when the Seven Kingdoms were at peace and alliances were unnecessary, the Hand believes this will form an alliance with Dorne" She seemed to recount a previous conversation, the words were not her own.

"Can't I accompany her? Until the matters of my own betrothal are settled?" I begged, her eyes changed and she seemed to consider the possibility.

"I need to meet with my brother" She spat the last word, reminding me of the kind of relationship she has with Uncle Tyrion. When she left the room, Myrcella broke down in tears.

"I don't want to leave" She sobbed.

"It's going to alright" I soothed, "You'll love it in Dorne, the sun and sand all around you! I'm so very jealous!"

"I want to stay with mother and you" She wailed and I sighed sadly.

"It is safer for you in Dorne, little one, no one can get to you there" I hugged her close until the moment arrived.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
We all stood at the edge of the water calmly, even Uncle Tyrion and Sansa. My little sister sailed away slowly and I watched with a stony face, giving nothing away.

I was too far away to hear but Mother was muttering something to Uncle Tyrion and it didn't look good, instead I kept my gaze on Myrcella. I tried to hard to make it so I looked happy for her but it was a futile attempt, we both knew I was upset.

Even Tommen was crying, his septa was trying to comfort him but failing miserably. Nothing could comfort the pain of saying goodbye to one's sister, he was rightfully distraught.

I glanced over at Joffrey and he looked more disappointed in Tommen than he was upset and as he opened his mouth. I quickly turned on my heel and walked back into the Keep, it was merely an excuse to not be seen crying in front of my mother. I also couldn't bare to watch as she disappeared, at least in my mind I could pretend she was still here.

My heart ached but the ache only fuelled my fire, instead of sobbing, my tears came down like lava, scorching my face and burning my eyes. My steps didn't falter, my eyes were trained forward and I didn't look back.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
"You could've sent me" I said again, this time to Uncle Tyrion, in his study where he basically had his head on the desk in irritation.

"You are the first born, Lya, you are valuable" He repeated for what felt like the millionth time.

"And Myrcella isn't?" I demanded, pacing the length of the room, throwing my arms around in frustration like I always did.

"I do not mean that" Uncle Tyrion scowled, "You are, currently, our key to controlling the North, the key to Robb Stark. Myrcella must be the key to Dorne, you cannot be both, Lya"

"I don't wish to be both" I threw my arms in the air, letting them fall onto the table loudly, "I wish to protect my little sister, your niece. I am older, I can handle myself"

"Myrcella will learn to as well" Uncle Tyrion tried to defend but I saw straight through him.

"This wasn't for power, what was it?" I hissed, "What has my mother made you do, Joffrey? Lord Baelish?"

"No one" He held his hands up in mock defence, "You think me too smart, Lya"

I burst into sarcastic laughter, watching his face contort in confusion, "I know how smart you are, how smart you think you are but remember, we are related and I will bring Myrcella home before she is killed, better yet, before she is wed"

Before he could sarcastically respond, I did what I did best, and I left the room, slamming the door loudly behind me and enjoying the way of echoed throughout the tower.