36

The mere thought of going near Casterly Rock was scary but it would be terrifying if my grandfather would actually be there. So I prayed we would find the Starks before the Lannister stronghold.

I thought over and over again what I would say to Robb, to Lady Stark. No matter how much distance I put between myself and my family, I am a Lannister and I abandoned her daughter and his sister in Kings Landing, I couldn't stop the execution of Lord Stark and now i'm asking for help? I knew it was a long shot but he was the only person I could trust to protect me, married or unmarried.

It didn't matter what I thought would happen, we couldn't exactly go back on ourselves so we kept moving forward.

Hordan assumed we were halfway to Casterly Rock according to an unreliable map he bought from a passing traveller.

We were aiming for the Rock but would never get close enough for anyone to see or recognise me and send me back to the capital.

"Would you've married him now if he wasn't already?" Hordan piped up and snapped me out of my daze.

"I'm not sure" I considered, "It's been a while since we even spoke"

I knew he was angling for something, we didn't really stop anymore, we were both used to riding for so long and didn't feel the need to waste the time.

That night was lovely and sweet but it couldn't happen again, I had to stay away from Kings Landing and I couldn't let any sort of relationship with Hordan get in the way of that.

"I'm sorry" He sort of hid his grumble, "You would've made a good Lady of Winterfell"

"I really wanted to" I chuckled, "I thought if I was in the North, Joffrey wouldn't get to me"

"He won't" Hordan almost shouted and I glanced over at him in slight shock.

"He will try" I admitted, "I'm sure he's frustrated that he cannot find me"

Then, we both fell into a comfortable silence, riding alongside each other.

We passed towns and villages, I kept my hood tightly pulled over my head to hide my identity. But we saw little children playing and fighting with wooden swords, both thinking what they would say if they saw the real thing.

The days flew past and time just seemed to flow away like water but we did not stop moving.