Annabeth's POV

I took a deep breath before I knocked on Nico's door. He had something on his mind. I could tell. He wasn't even listening to the convention. He was distracted by someone or something. I kept my mouth shut for that time being, but I have to talk to him now. I then banged a little too hard on the door by mistake. Nico opened the door and looked confused.

"Oh hi Annabeth," Nico said "Why are you here?"

"I feel so welcome" I said sarcastically.

"I'm so so sorry," Nico apologized, "I did mean it like that, it's just that I wasn't expecting anyone until about an hour"

"Yeah its fine, can I come in?" I asked him.

"Uhh, sure" He replied moving so I could enter.

I slipped past him and into the cabin. I have been in the Hades cabin once or twice, but it looked a lot different than it did before. There was more life in it. It was spotless last time and there wasn't a pair of trainers that belonged to Will tossed on the floor.

"Nico of it's not a good time, I can come back later" I said turning around to face him.

"How would it not be a good time?" He frowned.

"Is Will here?" I asked raising an eyebrow.

"No, Why would he?" Nico asked me.

"His runners are by your bed and you to obviously like each other" I replied.

Nico suddenly burst into tears. I froze not knowing what to do. I then rushed over to Nico and started giving him a hug. He didn't push me away, so something was up. I guided him to his bed and sat him down.

"What's wrong Neeks?" I asked rubbing his arm.

"Is it cheating when someone kisses me without my permission?" He sniffed.

"I don't think so" I muttered.

"What if it was an ex?" Nico asked with wide eyes.

"You had a boyfriend before Will?" I asked a little too surprised.

"No.....it's Will's ex...." He answered.

"Okay Nico who ever this person is, just tell them you're not interested" I said, "Can you do that?"

Nico nodded and smiled weakly at me. It was still a lovely smile.

"I'm going to go so you can prepare for Will, okay?" I asked him.

Nico nodded and pulled away from the hug. I got up and walked over to the door.

"Thank you Annabeth" He said.