Chapter 23

Tw: very intense chapter, dead body, it's also kinda long

Reggie's POV

When it was finally over I sat in the corner of my room with the door locked hoping my father wouldn't have a reason to come in here the rest of the night. I am afraid to even fall asleep because sometimes I wake up in his room with my clothes off.

I can feel myself still shaking and I try to calm down but I just can't. All I can think about his right now is how this probably wouldn't be happening if my mom didn't leave me. She just left me and Hadley with him, she abandoned us. And now Hadley is dead, and I use to blame myself but now all I could do was blame my mom. Why did she leave us!? She promised we'd always be together but we're not! We're more apart then we ever could be. I hate her! She told us she'd always love us but then she just left!

I pull my knees close to my chest and burry my face in them. I just wish I could disappear from it all, sort of like what Hadley did, but that would mean saying goodbye to Luke and Alex, and they were my friends, my family.

All of the sudden I hear my window slide open. I look up and see Luke climbing through. I quickly stand up and whip away my tears and put on a fake smile. I try to stop shaking but I can't.

"Reg, my mom said-" he freezes when he sees me. "Hey, what's wrong?" He asks.

"You can't be here." I say. If at any moment my dad tries to come in here and he sees Luke, he might hurt him. "Pl-please you have t-to leave." I can't help but let tears escape from my eyes.

"That's actually why I'm here I talked to my mom, she says you can stay at my place." Luke says.

"Wh-what, why?!" I ask. "I don't need a place to stay I'm fine here I don't need your help!"

"You obviously aren't fine here." Luke says. "Please, come with me."

"Just go away!" I say.

Luke pulls me into a hug and rubs my back. "It's going to be okay, I promise. Please just come to my house. I'm not gonna let you stay here  so your dad can hurt you."

I pull away from him. "You don't know anything!" I say. "Please just go, before-"

"Reginald!" My dad yells from downstairs. "Why the hell are you making so much noise!?" I hear his footsteps start coming up the steps and I have to think fast. He can't see Luke.

Luke's POV

When I climbed into Reggie's room he immediately was trying to get me to leave again. He has tears streaming down his face and he's shaking like a leaf. But I'm not going to leave without him.

"Please just go before-" he says but he's cut off by his father shouting from downstairs.

"Reginald! Why the hell are you making so much noise!?" Reggie's eyes widen as footsteps grow louder as they climb up the stairs. I was about to drag him out the window myself when all of the sudden he's shoving me in his closet.

He closes me in and locks the door. "Reggie, Reggie come on let me out so I can help." I say jiggling the door trying to get it open.

"Please please please don't make any noise." Reggie says. "Please."

"Let me out." I say. "I just want to help you." I jiggle the handle more but with the door locked it's not gonna do anything.

"Luke please, he'll hurt you." Reggie says on the other side of the door. "Promise me no matter what you think you hear, you'll remain silent." I don't answer and I kept trying to get the door opened. What kind of closet locks from the outside? "Promise me!" He says. "And I'll go to your house with you after, but for now you just have to be quit. Please."