Chapter 24

Luke's POV

"Do you wanna talk about it?" I ask Reggie. Instead of answering me he steps closer, puts his hands on my shoulders, pulls me close and kisses me on the lips.

My heart fluttered like crazy and my mind raced trying to figure out if this was all just a crazy dream or a hallucination.

After about three second he immediately pulls away a his eyes grow wide. "I- I'm sorry that was- I shouldn't have-"

I grabbed his waist and pulled him back toward me and kiss him back without hesitation.

We part and his face his flushed pink. "I've wanted to do that for far too long." I say. "And you beat me too it."

"I guess I've always been faster." Reggie smiles. "But...I'm guessing you want an explanation for everything." He says, his smile fading.

"You don't have to." I say. "If you don't want to talk about it, I understand."

"No, I should probably tell you." He says. He takes a deep breath and begins from the very beginning. And I mean the very beginning, when is mom met his dad. She was sixteen, he was twenty five.

"I'm sorry, that was probably more than you needed to know." He says once he finished. "It definitely was, I'm sorry."

"No, it's okay." I say. "I'm so sorry you went through all of that, and I promise I won't let anybody hurt you again."

"What are we gonna do now though?" He asks.

"What do you mean?" I ask.

"I mean about us." He say. "We kissed."

"We did." I smile remembering the moment.

"So....are we dating now, or...?"

"Are you asking me to be your boyfriend?" I ask.

"I mean only if you want to be." Reggie says.

"Trust me. I wanna be." I say. Our faces pull in closer and our lips were just about to meet when my mom knocks on the door. We quickly pull apart as she opens the door.

"Dinner's ready if you're hungry." She says.

"Thanks." I say.

"Thank you Mrs. Patterson." Reggie says.

My mom leaves and goes back out to the kitchen leaving my door open. Why does she always do that. She's all about leaving things how you found it, well she found my door closed and she left it open.

"Do you wanna go out there and eat or would you rather stay in here?" I ask. "We can stay in here if you want. We can even eat in here, whatever you want to do." I don't want him to feel like he has to do anything.

"No, let's go out there and eat." He says. "I just want everything to be normal for once."

Third person

The two boys left Luke's room to have dinner. In the morning every news channel was broadcasting news of a man who had killed a woman and preserved her body in his basement. The man was now on the run and was wanted.

Luke was worried about him coming back but Reggie knew his father would be across the seas and never look back. He didn't worry about it for a second and assured Luke he shouldn't either.

Everyone at school heard the news about Reggie's father and he received weird looks at school and everyone would whisper as he walked by. Reggie just chose to ignore it. He was done caring what other people said about him. Luke wanted to fight any person that so much as glanced for even a second but Reggie told him it wasn't worth it.