𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐.

" Ahhh!" Kyler hissed as we sunk into the ice baths after practice

" Ahhh!" Kyler hissed as we sunk into the ice baths after practice. The chill of our bodies meeting the ice cold water never got old. " Are we going back for the game on Friday?" He asked as I leaned my head back onto the rim of the ice bath.

Friday was USC's first game of the season. Haze and Xander would be in the starting line up of this season, both of them working hard to earn Captain positions next season.

That was unless they got drafted early.

" We have to go back," Carson said as he closed his eyes." Haze and Xander would love it if we went back, plus Marcus and Abel will be there since they're closer. It'll give us all a chance to finally see each other since our schedules are so busy."

Marcus and Abel were still in L.A.

Marcus got drafted to the Lakers, while Abel got drafted to the Clippers.

It sucked being so far away from two of our best friends, but it was nothing that a quick plane ride wouldn't fix. Plus, we had hopes that if they performed well this season, that Golden State would decide to take interest and make a trade for next season.

That way we would all be back on the court together like we belonged.

" We'd have to leave right away from the stadium ," I finally joined the conversation.

Tomorrow was our game against the Suns. I was confident that we would be securing a win well because come on— it's the Suns.

To our advantage, it was a home game so all we had to do was leave the stadium after press conferences and make our way to the airstrip.

" I'm fine with that. We would have to come back early Saturday for practice though." Kyler states, a ghost of a smile on his lips telling me that he had put deep thought into this.

Squinting my eyes in his direction, I asked, " Why are you so eager to get home?"

Kyler shrugs his shoulders as he dips his fingers into the ice, letting it fall though his fingers. " No reason, just want to be there in support of our boys."

The lies just roll so smoothly off of his tongue.

" Are you sure it's not because a certain brunette has returned home from her summer vacation?" Carson asked as Kyler's cheeks turned a slight red.

" I'm positive," he states as a couple of veteran players walk into the room.

" Why are you so smiley, McKay?" Devin asked as he took the ice bucket on the far end of the room.

" No reason," Kyler shrugs once again.

" The lies," I coughed into my shoulder as he flicked me off. I smile in return as he shakes his head, the veterans becoming more interested in our conversation.

" If you must know, nosey," Kyler huffed," Her name is Jora."

Warren chuckled as he exchanged glances with Devin." I had a Jora once," he recalls as he closes his eyes, welcoming the cold of the ice bath.