𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟑𝟏.

Dominic

Dominic

I didn't see the night turning this way.

I didn't see everything that I had waited for, had been patient for to fall apart right before my eyes.

The uber pulled up to the penthouse and she was out of the car before I could get a word out. She was pissed. I was pissed and come morning, I was going to need a new fucking agent.

" Rhegan!" I called out to her as she furiously hit the elevator button. " Come on, Ice. Talk to me please."

She shook her head, legs shaking with anger as she continued to press the up button. " I don't know why he brought her there. I told him no. I kept telling him no. I've ne-never even met the girl, Rhegan. You know that I would never do that to you. Let alone make a decision like that without even consulting you."

The elevator doors opened and I got in after her. She said nothing. I struggled to say nothing because watching her stare at the numbers going up instead of acknowledging me was killing me.

I screwed up.

I should've told her but I had it handled.

At least I thought that I had it handled.

The elevator stops at her floor and we get out, I trailed behind her and watched as she opened the door. Seeing that she didn't slam it behind her, I walked in and followed her inside. Rhegan walked into the living room and threw her purse on the couch. Her heels were next.

And then she started pacing.

" I was honest with you," she finally spoke. " About skipping out on my pills. I was scared to tell you but knowing that not telling you would've had a worse outcome, killed me. I was a fucking mess."

She stopped pacing, her lips quivering as she shook her head." And I chose to be honest with you! You lied to me! I repeatedly asked you what was wrong! I repeatedly asked you why you were so upset after every fucking phone call, email, text exchanged with that fucking asshole and you said that it was nothing!"

I just wanted to hold her as hurt was embedded in every word that she spoke. I lied to her. I kept telling myself that keeping this hidden from her was better because I wasn't going to do it. Hiding it from her wouldn't send her down a spiral of thoughts and feelings and yet here she was, doing exactly what I didn't want to happen.

" That was not fucking nothing, Dominic! I looked so stupid smiling in his face not knowing that it was going to get slapped right off when he called her over. You should've told me!"

" I couldn't."

Rhegan scoffs, her hands on her hips as she stares at me in disbelief. " You couldn't? No. You chose not to Dominic. There is a difference unless you signed an NDA that I don't know about."

I shook my head. " Don't fucking do that. I would never do that to you and you fucking know it."

" Do I? Because I thought that you would never hide anything from me and here we are!" She raised her arms, dropping them as I felt a sudden surge of hurt and anger slap in the face.