𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟑𝟔.

Dominic

Dominic

" Dominic Steele is by far a great player, and I don't think that his talent should be overshadowed by his father's car-"

As ESPN is muted, I turned to see the guys standing there with a look of disappointment. " Didn't he promise not to watch ESPN after last night's game, Kyler?" Carson turned to Kyler, brows furrowed as he crossed his arms.

"Hmmm," Kyler scratched his chin, staring at the ceiling as he recalled the conversation after our loss. " You know what," he snaps his fingers. " I do recall a conversation that took up the majority of the car ride home. The conversation that happened right after we had to convince him that it was a team loss and not his."

" Key word being TEAM!" Carson shouts. " We said no ESPN after the TEAM loss because lately, they have been dickriding your name till the meat falls off."

"Did we not agree to this?" Carson stresses again.

Throwing my head back, I rest it against the couch as I stare at the ceiling. " Yes, Carson," I mumbled my response, annoyed at myself for having to know what was being said about me and the team.

" Look, Dominic," Kyler sat at the edge of the couch. " We had a lot of turnovers last night, defense was shit. Knowing you, you are probably blaming yourself because of the breakup and dealing with the psycho version of Mariah the Scientist, but we all weren't focused last night. It's not your fault and you need to stop beating yourself up over a washed up college player's opinion."

" Thank you, Kyler," Carson backs him up. " There is a reason why they never stepped foot on an NBA court and frankly, they shouldn't have the balls to speak on your game. Unfortunately, I guess that's how they'll be able to afford rent in this economy."

I laughed as Carson smirked at his own petty joke. Sitting up, I pressed my elbows into my knees as I stared at the horrendous turnover performed by Devin— which was soon followed by him getting fouled out of the game.

" I just feel like my game is off lately. Ever since the breakup and this wack ass contract, I just can't seem to catch a break," I admit. Dealing with the breakup was a toll on my emotions alone, on top of that, filming for Zoya's music video started up.

Every time she touched me, my skin felt like it was being burned off by acid and I had the immediate urge to vomit over that stupid sparkly bikini they'd put her in. If I got told  to "look like I enjoyed it" one more time, I was going to lose my shit.

The only person I enjoyed being touched by intimately was all the way in New York. I wish that I could resent her for running— I truly did. But a long time ago, I realized that I could never resent her.

"  Fuck all of that!" Kyler smacks his teeth. " Not the break up though. Heal," he points at me sternly. " But aside from the break up, fuck Amerie junior and her whack ass music video. Fuck the contract. Fuck your whack ass agent. And fuck the critics."