𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟎.

A win was always something that needed to be celebrated

Which is why I sat in the back of an Escalade after the guys treated us to dinner tonight before taking us out to party with their teammates.

" Are you nervous?" Dominic intertwined our hands as I looked out of the window, well aware of the flashing lights and poparazzi that were crowding the entrance of the popular club.

Compared to the way that he grew up, I wasn't raised in front of flashing lights and having cameras follow my family around twenty four-seven trying to get the latest scoop on our life.

His father is an NBA legend. Mine is a wealthy businessman.

Sure we had media attention when we attended charity events or he made a big business move that went well. Yet and still it was nothing compared to what Dominic had come to grow used too.

Now that we were taking the steps to improve our relationship and become more, I supposed that I would have to get used to this new life of his.

He was one of the rookies to watch this season meaning more attention on him than before.

I could only help that I was up for whatever was going to be thrown our way. I could only hope that I was strong enough for the both of us.

Swallowing down the thoughts that would send me down a path of fear and anxiety, I gripped his hand tightly as I turned to face him with my best convincing smile.

The best part about growing up in an environment where you never knew who was your true friend and who was your friend based on your connections was the fact that I can create a mask for any event.

Over the years I've amassed different smiles and masks depending on the place, people, or event. This was no different than any of those events.

The only plus side being that I was with people that I actually enjoyed their company.

" I'm fine as long as I am with you," I assured him as the truck came to a slow stop.

His lips spread into that breathtaking smile of his that made me melt like the Wicked Witch.

Oh how I lived to see that smile.

It made my heart flutter every time it was directed my way. It made my body come alive in ways that I've never experienced in ways from any other man.

Well I wouldn't classify my hookups or one night stands as men. Compared to Dominic they were little boys who were still riding their bikes with training wheels on them.

Dominic didn't need training wheels, he was in a league of his own.

Leaning forward. Dominic took me by surprise and kissed my lips gently, sucking in my bottom lip between his lips.

His lips were soft and slightly shiny from my saliva coating his bottom lip as he pulled away and licked his lips. " Then it's a good thing that you're going to be stuck with me for a very long time, Rhegan Clarke."