𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟕.

Dominic

Dominic

" Why can't you understand that no, means no," I slammed my drink down on the table, annoyed as I stared across from my manager.

Or soon to be an ex-manager if he kept this shit up.

" But Dominic, this will be good for your image," he repeated the same old excuse.

I rolled my eyes, so close to losing my shit. " It may be good for my image but it's not appropriate seeing as I am in a relationship. Part of that contract says that I have to be in a p.r relationship with her. If I do that, I'll end up looking like a player, hopping from girl to girl and I am not that guy."

" It's not like you guys have made it publicly official. There's no harm. For all the media and fans know, you are a single man, having fun, he spoke as he cut into his burger. " Just take her out in a few dates, do the music video, and after everything is said and done, you can go home to your girl."

At this moment, he had a very punchable face.

" Do you like your job, Rick?" Instead of looking at his face flatter ever so slightly, I looked behind him, staring at the view that San Francisco had to offer.

" Yes," Rick swallowed.

Of course he does. I signed a 100 million dollar four year contract with the warriors under him.  I was his cash cow, his prized possession. He'd be a fool to lose me as a client by pushing this p.r stunt on me.

" And I assume that you want to keep your job, yes?" My thumb and forefinger rubbed together as my eyes swept over the view and met his.

" Y-yes," he cleared his throat, shifting in his seat uncomfortable under my gaze.

" Then I'd suggest, yet again, that you tell her and her persistent ass manager to respect my wishes and find somebody else because it won't be me." I stood up and threw some money on the table along with my table cloth.

" Now the next time you come up to me with an offer, it better be an extension with the Warriors, or a twinkie deal. Don't piss me off, Rick."

I didn't bother looking back at my stunned manager, I was usually cool with him. We joked, we got along well, but he was crossing a line pushing me to do something that I didn't want to do. Sure, this music video would gain me more popularity in the media, but was that type of attention worth it.

And a p.r relationship on top of that? I couldn't do that to Rhegan— I wouldn't do that to Rhegan.

Aside from the tabloids leaking those photos of us all out at the club, our relationship was pretty private. Despite Rhegan's presence on social media as a rising influencer, she didn't post much about our relationship.

I just barely got a highlight reel on her instagram account.

It had a dinosaur emoji— tehehehe.

I pulled my beanie over my head as I stepped out into the chilly air that San Francisco provided. I was used to the cold growing up in New York, but I hated it. L.A was always sunny and warm. On the rare occasion, there was a stint in the winter season where it was ridiculously cold, but nothing was beating New York weather. That was pure hell.