𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟖.

Rhegan

Rhegan

I was spiraling.

These last two weeks were stressful from midterms, to fulfilling brand deals, to planning back to back birthday parties. I was spiraling.

Digging through my purse, I sighed in irritation at myself for being irresponsible. I couldn't find my meds. My room was turned upside down as I checked through every bag that I had used this last week.

I had missed two days already and I didn't know how long I would be able to hide it from the girls or Dominic.

He came back tonight.

" Shit! Shit! Shit!" I pulled at my scalp trying not to cry.

I rummaged through my bags, coming up short and decided to bite the bullet and call my doctor. However it was nine o'clock at night and there was no way that he was still in the office. I would have to push it off until tomorrow morning.

"You've got this far, Rhegan. Just keep it up a little longer," I whispered to myself, jumping as my bedroom door opened and my heart nearly leapt out of my chest. Turning on my heels, I came face to face with Ayanna.

Shit.

" What the hell happened here?" She asked, stepping over one of my heels that was thrown around the room.

" Um," I scratched the top of my head. " Well, I was looking for my anklet. You know, the one with my initials on it. I think that I left in New York, it's not in any of my bags."

The lie rolled so easily off of my tongue. I felt bad lying to her but I didn't want to worry her.

" You mean this anklet," she reached for the hood anklet that was resting on the edge of my table. Fuck.

I forced a smile on my face, praying that she would buy my bullshit, but knowing Ayanna, she would see through me like a glass window, Making my way over to her, I reached for it, only for her to pull her arm back just as my fingertips brush against the cold metal.

Double shit.

Ayanna studied me under a scrutinizing gaze. " How many days have you missed?"

" None," I tried reaching for the bracelet, only for her to pull her arm back again.

" Look me dead in the eyes and tell me that again, Rhegan." I couldn't and she knew that.

The moment that I hesitated, the longer that I stayed silent and avoided eye contact, she knew. " Fuck, Rhegan. How many days have you missed?"

" Two," I answered honestly. " Three including today."

Ayanna looked disappointed and I felt bad. She had already had so much on her plate with Edwards' trial moving forward and he had made bail. The only thing keeping him from tormenting Ayanna any further than what he was doing online, was the restraining order that she had on him.