𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟑𝟓.

Rhegan

Rhegan

Today was the day.

My first therapy session with my mother.

Scratch that, my egg donor.

I was dreading this day from the second that I had extended the invitation. Yes, I wasn't being forced to extend the invitation to here and Dr. Green was easily replaceable, however, I actually liked the quirky therapist. Her suggestion of inviting my mother to a sit down was a long time coming.

I didn't like it, but it was now or never.

Grabbing my Ralph Lauren cardigan, I shimmed into and buttoned the buttons with shaky fingers. I had been keeping up with meds ever since that binder I'd had last month where I skipped some days. My fingers weren't shaking as a side effect of neglecting my meds, I was nervous.

As much as I hated to admit it, I was nervous.

And I shouldn't be.

A few minutes later, I joined my father downstairs. "Goodmorning," I greeted him with a kiss at his temple.

" Good Morning bunny," he smiled, " you're in a good mood today."

Actually quite the opposite considering that I was about to have a sit down meeting with your deadbeat and trifling wife. My good spirits were simply because apart of me knew that I was going to have her leaving this therapy session wishing that she'd forgotten all about me and my father and left us alone.

I highly doubted that.

If me telling her that she should've swallowed blew over her head, then nothing that I could say could make her buzz the fuck off. She was just like an annoying little fly, persistent.

" I'm sure that'll be ruined in about forty-five minutes. I have therapy with my mother dearest today," I slam down my coffee mug with more aggression than I intended.

" Oh," my father said, surprised.

Granted, I did not tell him about how my last therapy session went. " How did this come about? The last time I checked, you'd rather rip your vintage Ralph Lauren to shreds than be in a room with your mother willingly."

As if my Ralph Lauren cardigan had grown ears and overhead my father, my arms started to itch from the fabric as punishment.

" My therapist suggested that we needed a sit down in order to heal the deep scars that her sharp talons had caused, and affected my ability to be emotionally open and intimate.." I took a sip of my scorching hot coffee, welcoming the burn in my tongue and not caring that my taste buds were probably burned off.

" Is she crazy?"

" A little unhinged for a therapist if you ask me. Maybe a little delusional too if she thinks this is going to go smoothly."