𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟑𝟖.

Rhegan

Rhegan

" Are you ready to talk about Dominic?" Dr. Green asked.

It was my first solo meeting with Dr. Green since my mother and I started joint therapy sessions. They'd been going better than expected. I only had to call her a selfish cunt once when our sessions got the slightest bit her. Like usual, she sat there docile and wide-eyed like a wounded fucking puppy and sucked the fun out of it.

If she fought back, I would have respected her a bit more.

But I had to hand it to her, she took the insults to the chin and moved on. What else could she do? Nothing because she and I both knew that my anger towards her was valid.

At the mention of his name, I wiped my palms against my sweat and shrugged my shoulders, not expecting her to ask me this. Dominic hadn't been mentioned in my therapy sessions in a while since the focus of them had shifted to me getting to the root of my abandonment issues and fixing a damn near non-existent relationship with my mother.

" Su-sure," I cleared my throat and sat up taller.

Dr. Green nodded and opened up her notebook, clicking her pen once. " Describe your relationship with Dominic. How does he make you feel?"

I smiled softly as I picked at my bottom lip. " I don't even know where to start," I chuckled.

How do you describe a person like Dominic? There was no word in the dictionary or thesaurus that would be able to describe him perfectly. No analogy in the world was good enough to describe how I felt about him, or how he made me feel.

Dominic was just perfect for me. There was no flaw that I didn't love about him, even the annoying ones like his fucking obnoxious ass snoring. Oddly, it gave me comfort.

" You know how people describe their partners as the calm to their storm?" My eyes finally met Dr. Green's as I focused on calming the rapid beating of my heart by fixating on twisting my rings until my thumb was bruised red. " It's a cliche analogy to use, I feel. Even still, it's perfect to describe us."

" I remember the first college game that I had attended my freshmen year with the girls. I remember the energy from the crowd, the atmosphere in the stadium was electric. And then the team came out and it had amplified and they fed off of it. But I just remember spotting him, and I'm not going to lie and say that I wasn't looking for him, because I was."

Ever since that day when he randomly followed me on Instagram, I had grown an attraction immediately. I guess the timing couldn't have been more perfect since I'd gotten into USC and was attending the following semester with Ayanna. In a way, it seemed like fate to me.

" And in the middle of all the chaos and screaming fans, he was calm as he soaked it all up. His teammates around him were hyping each other up and interacting with the fans, but he was calm. He was so focused and sure of himself," I chewed on my bottom lip as I envisioned it like the memory happened yesterday.