𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟑𝟑.

" Do you guys like it?" I played with my hair as I stood in front of my bathroom mirror

My phone was positioned in front of me, allowing the girls to take in my new look. I'd only had it for about a week so far. At first I had mixed emotions and then it grew on me. Short hair made me look more mature and felt like a weight off of my shoulders.

I did miss my long hair, but the short hair embodied a new me.

" It looks great!" Lizzy exclaims.

" You look like a young milf," Jora shoves a handful of honey roasted peanuts into her mouth, nodding her head in approval. Given that Jora had an obsession with milfs, I was taking that as a high compliment,

" Looks better than Jora's Anastasia Steele bangs," Skylar says. " That's for sure." No less than a second after she spoke, did a pillow fly across Jora's screen and fly into Skylar's screen, hitting her in the face.

" Oops," Jora smiled sweetly as Skukar glared at her.

" Sleep with one eye open, bitch," Skylar threatened.

I inhaled deeply, wishing to be with my friends and not a thousand miles away from them. It sucked to leave them and I know that some of them were upset with me for leaving, but they knew that I had to go for my own sanity.

"I love it!" Ayanna smiles, distracting me from the play fighting going on between Jora and Skylar in the background. " It's like a brand new you."

One step closer towards the new me.

" Yeah," I sighed as I pulled up one of two dress options for the charity event. " We shall test that new me theory tonight."

" Oh boy," Ayanna straightened up. " Is she going to be there?"

I shrugged my shoulders as I stepped out of the frame and slipped into the black option. The dress was a delicate sheer fabric, but not too sheer where it would be distasteful to wear. The dress was detailed with ruffles going down the dress.

I pursed my lips as I stared at the dress in the mirror. It fit perfectly but...

" It's too casual," Sade read my mind. " It's giving vacation in the Bahamas. Not spending money in a ballroom surrounded by the filthy rich and privileged who are not so secretly having a pissing contest with each other."

She did have a point.  " Maybe I'll save it for Taiwan," I decided, leaving the frame once more to try on my second option.

It was a simpler black dress with a square neckline and a tasteful tiny cutout just over my chest.The dress fit my shape nicely and wouldn't make me look like I was my father's mistress and his daughter instead. You'd be surprised at how many people thought that I was the former.

Disgusting old bastards.

I zipped up the back with trouble and straightened the dress before stepping back into the frame. I did a three-sixty spin for the girls to see and give their input on.